Looking for the best FUT hair Doctor 5-7 hours from Cincinnati OH

Newhairneeded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in CIncinnati, OH and I'm looking for the best surgeon within 5-7 hours drive of me.

I have advanced loss so I'm looking for a top quality surgeon that knows what he's doing.

I want a surgeon involved in the entire procedure, not an assistant placing grafts.

I had a test body hair procedure with Dr Wolf in Cincinnati and it was OK, but didn't inspire confidence.

This time, I'm looking for an FUT procedure, strip method, with 2500-3000 grafts and definitely need the best result.

Pricing is not an issue, but driving distance is as I'm not willing to fly somewhere.

I have done some research on Dr. Panine in Chicago. Has anyone heard of him? if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in CIncinnati, OH and I'm looking for the best surgeon within 5-7 hours drive of me.

I have advanced loss so I'm looking for a top quality surgeon that knows what he's doing.

I want a surgeon involved in the entire procedure, not an assistant placing grafts.

I had a test body hair procedure with Dr Wolf in Cincinnati and it was OK, but didn't inspire confidence.

This time, I'm looking for an FUT procedure, strip method, with 2500-3000 grafts and definitely need the best result.

Pricing is not an issue, but driving distance is as I'm not willing to fly somewhere.

I have done some research on Dr. Panine in Chicago. Has anyone heard of him? if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
"I want a surgeon involved in the entire procedure, not an assistant placing grafts.'
That simple don't exist .

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are in luck. There are 5 surgeons I know of that are involved 100% of the procedure in the US. And 3 of them meet the criteria of being within a 5 hour drive of Ohio, all in Chicago.

- Dr. Konior from the Chicago Hair Institute. Dr. Konior is revered as the greatest hair transplant surgeon of all time and he is still in his prime. His fees reflect his reverance, but pricing is not an issue for you. He has a long wait list but you might get lucky and slotted in early due to the pandemic and overseas cancelations.

- Dr. Nadimi is his understudy and produces nature-made results on par with Dr. Konior.

- Dr. Panine as well is based out of Chicago.

All 3 surgeons are known to be 100% involved in all aspects of the surgical process. Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi generally use the stick and place method. Meaning, they forgo pre-made recipient slits. Rather, they incise the recipient, then immediate place the graft. Each graft goes in one at a time. Read about Stick And Place on their website.

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, 2,500-3,000 grafts is rather small for a FUT procedure; it is on the higher side for FUE though. Is there a reason why you are set on FUT and not FUE? Also, what Norwood scale are you, your age, and ethnicity?