Looking For Ideas/recommendations For Surgeon Or Some Other Treatment?

jbeau06

My Regimen
Reaction score
To give some background, I am 32 years old, male, and started losing my hair at 18. I have pretty thick hair in the back of my head and sides but have thinned considerably on top and on my crown with sparse hair remaining. I tried rogaine and propecia as a teen, nothing seemed to help stop it for very long.

I met with a place in MA (NE Hair) and was quoted $20k for 2 FUE full day procedures plus SVT with PRP beforehand. They can't really tell me where my hairline will be or what it will look like, and I'm wondering if it's worth it if I will still lose the remaining hair I have on top of my head. I also don't know how reputable they are. I've been perusing this site and haven't seen their name pop up as recommended but the doctor I met there was very knowledgeable and nice (though apparently has a foreign medical degree, but with people going to other countries to have procedures done I'm not terribly concerned and the clinic has all good ratings on Yelp/Google).

I am not really upset by my hair loss and wouldn't mind keeping it buzzed/bald. The annoying part is when it is buzzed you can see where the hair is at the front of my scalp and gaps and I'd rather it look Vin Diesel-ish where it looks like there's no hair follicles whatsoever. Eh, either way....I wanted to solicit your recommendations- is NE Hair any good? Should I look elsewhere instead? I don't have the ability to upload photos right now but hopefully may be able to tomorrow. I'm a Norwood 6A I'd say, I think?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Havn't heard of them.

Do they have a large range of before/after photos on their website? I'd stick with the known names that you see around here.

mikes23

Reaction score
if I was you I would contact doctor Shapiro in Minnesota. His staff was the honest I talked with after all these years. and he is also one of the best surgeons in the world.