looking for an opinion

Canicus

Reaction score
Hey..so I'm 20 years old..I started seeing some major shedding in late August and in September last year..i could run my hand through my hair for about 5 seconds and I'd lose probably 30+ strands every time..anyway I ended up seeing a doctor about it, all she did was look at my scalp but she seemed to think it was an early stage of baldness, so she prescribed me propecia.

I started taking it, and about a month later my hair shedding stopped completely. I figured it was because of the pill but I guess it did seem sort of odd it started working so quickly..but it still made me question if it was really baldness or not. The only reason I questioned it was because I was under a huge amount of stress prior and during the time of the shedding.

anyway, flash forward to the beginning of Jan, I've been stressed out immensely again. And a week ago I'm shedding again..not like before but It's definitely not the 'norm'. I heard propecia could do that at about this stage, it's been 3 1/2 months now.

I guess what I'm wondering is if it's possible this is all stress related? but wouldn't I be losing hair in other places too if that was true? also, is it possible the propecia stopped the hair loss after a month? or is that not likely.

thanks for any opinions..