Long Term

r1989

Reaction score
I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure all side effects like libido loss will go away once you stop taking it.

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any risk of not being able to have kids or possibly developing illness later on in life? Such as cancer?

r1989

Reaction score
The having kids while on Propecia thing, I'm not sure of the possible effects. As far as cancer, no lol. Propecia will not give you cancer.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
No body knows...that's the risk. There are people in this forum who have been on it for 5 years plus...so they can be our canaries. If they die of some horrible complication ten years down the track we'll just stop.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
r1989 said:
As far as cancer, no lol. Propecia will not give you cancer.

Um I wouldn't laugh about that. Studies have shown that whilst it reduces your overall chance of getting prostate cancer, it increases the chance of any such cancer being aggressive (ie, more likely to kill you). The implications of this are still being debated so we'll see what happens.

As far as having kids, the FDA seems to think it's OK. But the general concensus is that you probably shouldn't use it while you're trying to have a baby or while your partner is pregnant.

bubka

Reaction score
Skaff said:
r1989 said:
As far as cancer, no lol. Propecia will not give you cancer.

Um I wouldn't laugh about that. Studies have shown that whilst it reduces your overall chance of getting prostate cancer, it increases the chance of any such cancer being aggressive (ie, more likely to kill you). The implications of this are still being debated so we'll see what happens.

As far as having kids, the FDA seems to think it's OK. But the general concensus is that you probably shouldn't use it while you're trying to have a baby or while your partner is pregnant.
that test has been proven not true as well, and even the original was hardly significant

G

Skaff said:
the FDA seems to think it's OK. But the general concensus is that you probably shouldn't use it while you're trying to have a baby or while your partner is pregnant.

So the FDA thinks it's okay but the general consensus is that it's unsafe? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe that's the general consensus on hair loss forums with paranoid people. You don't think the FDA looks over all of the data and recs before pronouncing it safe for that?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
The FDA ain't no bible...they've been wrong before

Anyway, we already know if she's knocked up and absorbs any finasteride it can deform the foetus' penis...isn't that reason enough?

I think to be on finasteride whilst trying to have a baby or while your partner is pregnant is the most negligent, selfish, vain thing you could possibly do...even though the risk is small.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
I think to be on finasteride whilst trying to have a baby or while your partner is pregnant is the most negligent, selfish, vain thing you could possibly do...even though the risk is small.

It's nowhere close. Where would that leave, say, forcing her to get an abortion so you can use the stem cells to give your skin a more youthful appearance? Or refusing to take her to the hospital when she goes into labor because you're too busy dressing up nice for your journey into public? ;D

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:

i think thats a bit of an exaggeration