long-term effect with dutasterid

demo99

Reaction score
Question 1:
Currently I take one pill of dutasterid 0,5 mg a day. But I want to know, if my body will accustom to dutasterid.

Question 2:
After my hair had already regrowed, I would like to reduce the dosage. Would you agree to reduce the dosage, if the hair status should be the same?

Do you know, if there is a clinical trial available?

thanks in advance

best regards

demo99

antonio666

Reaction score
first of all your being very optimistic thinking you will grow your hair back and i would have thought if you were lucky and grew your hair back why would you want to change your dose?

demo99

Reaction score
yeah, i'm already happy but i'm also interested in pharmacy. i don't like to take more drugs than required. does anyone know one of my question?

thanks for the post

best regards
demo99

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
first of all your being very optimistic thinking you will grow your hair back and i would have thought if you were lucky and grew your hair back why would you want to change your dose?

So he should be pessimistic then?

Pondle

Reaction score
demo99 said:
Question 1:
Currently I take one pill of dutasterid 0,5 mg a day. But I want to know, if my body will accustom to dutasterid.

No your body will not become "accustomised" to dutasteride. It is possible that hair loss may eventually continue, but we really don't have any long-term studies to confirm this. Michael Barry has previously speculated that dutasteride may keep you above baseline for 30+ years.

Question 2:
After my hair had already regrowed, I would like to reduce the dosage. Would you agree to reduce the dosage, if the hair status should be the same?

Unknown. Depends on how much you reduce the dose, and what happens to your DHT levels.

Do you know, if there is a clinical trial available?

Only FDA phase II, and one other small study.
DutVersusFin.jpg

G

You should be able to maintain the vast majority of it at a lower dose. You'll likely lose any regrown hair that you wouldn't have regrown had you been at the lower dose all along since that hair probably grew in due to the extra increased dht inhibition. i don't know how much of your regrowth was due to that difference though so you should be mostly fine.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but wy risk it if you got youre hair back..... i wouldnt have :hairy:

demo99

Reaction score
thanks for your responses. you helped me realy.

have a nice day!

best regards
demo99

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone expand upon this table for me ...

Only FDA phase II, and one other small study.
DutVersusFin.jpg
[/quote]

Webster

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to interpret what the table exactly means

N is the number of people in the test. This is a very tiny sample size to base effectiveness on, however there seems to be a strong correlation between dutasteride dosage and the mean value.

Does the mean represent hair density in some test patch? I am guessing.

Mean difference is subtracting the hair density of the test from the hair density of the placebo test. a smaller number indicates no difference between experiments.

p-value is a probability of the test results happening by pure chance, in other words, how likely is it that all 60 people in a test achieve the hair density change without something causing the effect, like dutasteride.