Liquidfirex's Story

liquidfirex

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal i am 20 and my whole life I've had ridiculously thick hair, i didn't even like it, it was to thick.

I'm into bodybuilding, and for a month I took creatine with 900% RDA vitamin E and C and took weightgainer (which is all protein and fructose essentially). I also had a bad cold and took 121mg of Zinc a day with vitamin A for a good week or so. Then continued taking 33 mg of zinc a day after that. I slowly noticed that I would get weird headaches, in my sinus area and in the back of my head/neck. I had them before, but they went away on their own and I was fine. THe last time I was convinced it was the weight gainer so i stopped taking it, and I think thats why it went away. Anyway then one day in early november I was in the shower and it happened. I lost around 40 hairs in the span of 10 min.. I was freaked OUT. Everyday since then I loose hair like crazy. Mainly in the top of my head.

It's not like my hairline is receeding and it's not gradual... it's rapid.
My scalp was really flakey and itchy for a good 4 weeks but isn't as bad now.

When the hair comes out 70% of the time there is no root attached. THe hairs are mainly long, but there are some shorter ones as well. Some of my chest hair is coming out as well, more than usual anyway.

So i stopped taking everything, and now take a multi with iron, no zinc, (had it tested awhile ago and it was 20 mg or w/e normal is 12-19) some biotin, and recently MSM.

I had my bloodwork check recently and it was all ok (maybe i fixed everything since then?) so my question is what is going on?!
The only thing I can think is I shocked my system and causes my hair to fall out.. if it was male pattern baldness it would be so rapid, and my body hair wouldn't thin as well. SO does anyone have any ideas?
Also I when i work out lately, i get very winded, and tired.. leading me to believe that maybe i have low iron... :( I also tried to Sae Palmetto for awhile, and Zinc shampoo to stop any DHT from collecting in my scalp.

Anyway i've been freaking out for a good month and a half now... anyone have any ideas? Should i wait it out? See a dermatologist? :(

Britannia

Reaction score
This doesnt sound like male pattern baldness. I would suggest you see a derm.