Life after propecia

hair-x

Reaction score
Few Questions:

For people like me who have totally given up on propecia due to weight gain.

A-With diet and exercise how long before getting back to your pre-propecia state?

B-did any supplements like 6-OXO help ?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
????

Bro,

Im a little confused. So you say that your weight gain came from using Propecia, correct? I find that a little hard to believe, but the drug does react differently from person to person.

Here is what I would do. Look at what you were doing before the drug. Were you working out? Eating better? I would then look at what you were doing while on Propecia, were there any dramatic changes to your eating habbits, work out....etc.

If you have been doing the same things consistently and still gained weight I would just work out more to burn off the extra weight. If there was some sort of change in your habbits during Propecia I would step back and take a look at what changed and go from there.

p.s. in order for you to get rid of the weight you gained there is no need to add suplements, a balanced diet and some time in the gym will make a huge difference.

I dont know if this helps, but those are just my two cents.
Tony

hair-x

Reaction score
I was hoping to target people with the same problem as me that know 100% it was finasteride.

head over to (hairlosshelp.com) much more on this on subject on there forum..click on Home first then disscussion do a search for weight gain and propecia

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Now tha you're off the finasteride, its not really a matter of finding out what worked for other finasteride users. Its a matter of finding out what works.

And I hate to say it, but diet and exercise, diet an exercise. Eat a balanced diet, stick to complex carbohydrates and unsaturated fats, avoiding sugars and processed foods, while counting calories and exercising is the surest way to healthy permanent weightloss.

hair-x

Reaction score
been there done it...its hormones, propecia is hormone therapy.

Axon

Reaction score
Do you believe Finasteride has permanently altered your hormones?

hair-x

Reaction score
No just temporary. just like the 6 months it took on finasteride to get all bloated, it will take some time to get back to normal. thats why I'm curious about other cases like mine.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
????

Bro,

Havent we had this sort of discussion in a previous post? Hormone therapy.... I honestly think that, now that your off Propecia, if you start to excersice more and watch your weight you should be fine bro. Seriously, I think now you are being way too paranoid. The life or Propecia in the blood stream isnt all that great and with, again, more exercise you should see an improvement. Trust me, diet and work out, I know you have been there done that, just focus more on it. I am doubtfullll that Propecia has permanently altered your hormones, the body is an amazing machine and even though the drug is powerful you will adjust to changes once your off of it.

Just my two cents.
Take care,
Tony

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
well you've only been off finasteride for 11 days. If your that concerned that your weight gain is due to hormones go to the doctor and get some blood work done just to be sure. I'd give it a couple months before getting too worried....Taking 6-OXO might just upset the hormone balance even more. But this is just my opinoin and I sure as hell ain't no Doctor :D

hair-x

Reaction score
2 weeks off propecia, i finally started losing weight in the middle of the second week, interestingly the drug is supposed to clear from your system after about a week, I lost about 10 pounds so far. 165 down to 155, i m 153 normally. I'm 110% sure it was the drug. this was with a hard starvation diet , exercise and tons of filtered water as much as you can drink. no alcohol