let's discuss how to achieve scalp utopia

pangelid

Reaction score
so as myself and many people on this board are starting to realize in this game, is that a good healthy scalp is key to preventiving furture hairloss. From personal experience, I noticed myself that in the beginning, when my scalp was feeling good, the big three were definitely doing their job.

Then out of nowhere, the irritation began and wouldn't stop, and so would the chronic shedding. I think many people are experiencing the same thing. I tried different things to stop the irritation. dropping the nizoral, dropping the minoxidil etc....but have never regained that healthy scalp...

What is going on, and what can we do?

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems from other peoples experiences that Folligen is a good product to try for keeping a healthy scalp. I haven't used it myself but do a search for it and you will read a lot of good things about it.

It seems the most popular is the spray product, but is also done in a lotion and cream :)

pangelid

Reaction score
yeah, i read the same about folligen, but I am looking at this more practically. Peptides aside, why pay $40-some dollars a month on nizoral and Folligen, when all it sounds like we need is a good performing scalp conditioner or some sort of aloe gel for the irritation.

Cassin

Reaction score
pangelid said:
yeah, i read the same about folligen, but I am looking at this more practically. Peptides aside, why pay $40-some dollars a month on nizoral and Folligen, when all it sounds like we need is a good performing scalp conditioner or some sort of aloe gel for the irritation.

It doesn't cost that much. An 8z bottle of folligen will last a long time.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know what ingredient inside minoxdil is the main perpretator in causing this dandruff/itch. I recently switched brands of minoxdil and i've really been itching like a mother with this new stuff. Its a b**ch and any time i try to get the dandruff i can just feel the hairs attached to it coming out.

pangelid

Reaction score
Cassin said:
pangelid said:

how long does the 8oz bottle last without diluting it? Did u have better results after diluting the mix too?

Axon

Reaction score
Kramer3 said:
Do any of you guys know what ingredient inside minoxdil is the main perpretator in causing this dandruff/itch. I recently switched brands of minoxdil and i've really been itching like a mother with this new stuff. Its a b**ch and any time i try to get the dandruff i can just feel the hairs attached to it coming out.

Propene Glycol is considered to be the instigator of the scalp itch.

Cassin

Reaction score
pangelid said:
Cassin said:
pangelid said:

how long does the 8oz bottle last without diluting it? Did u have better results after diluting the mix too?

Yes I have been using it in a dilluted form for 2 weeks now. A few days ago I went to the full strength stuff. My scalp condition has improved quite a bit so far. I still get an itch here or there, but nothing like before. And nowhere even remotely as bad as when I was literally in pain using Nizoral.

Look at in minoxidil terms.

A bottle of minoxidil is 2oz and lasts a month at twice a day. So a 8oz bottle of Folligen should last you 4 months if you use it like minoxidil. Roughly 6 sprays to get 1ml. Well there is now way your going to do that twice a day. Bruce Lee does, but most do not. Especially if your only using it for scalp health. So right there your looking at 8 months, and that is if you use 6 sprays every day. I use maybe 3 sprays to get to the areas I am applying minoxidil. Also I am using Folligen Lotion on my hairline which I got from this site. I have barely put a dent in my supply and I figure it should easily last me a year. If you look at it like that, you are spending less than $3 a month to get your scalp under control.

Pretty damn good stuff.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, that is whithout dilluting it. Were you to delete the whole bottle it would probably go bad before you finished it, and Folligen has a 2 year shelf life.

Reaction score
Axon said:
Kramer3 said:

Propene Glycol is considered to be the instigator of the scalp itch.

If you use Rogaine (minoxidil) it is a combination of the main ingredient Alcohol...and combine that with Propylene Glycol you get a pretty intense drying agent. I hate using it because of the flakes it causes.

Main cause of itch and flake: Alcohol.

Reaction score
Yes I have been using it in a dilluted form for 2 weeks now. A few days ago I went to the full strength stuff. My scalp condition has improved quite a bit so far. I still get an itch here or there, but nothing like before. And nowhere even remotely as bad as when I was literally in pain using Nizoral.

Look at in minoxidil terms.

A bottle of minoxidil is 2oz and lasts a month at twice a day. So a 8oz bottle of Folligen should last you 4 months if you use it like minoxidil. Roughly 6 sprays to get 1ml. Well there is now way your going to do that twice a day. Bruce Lee does, but most do not. Especially if your only using it for scalp health. So right there your looking at 8 months, and that is if you use 6 sprays every day. I use maybe 3 sprays to get to the areas I am applying minoxidil. Also I am using Folligen Lotion on my hairline which I got from this site. I have barely put a dent in my supply and I figure it should easily last me a year. If you look at it like that, you are spending less than $3 a month to get your scalp under control.

Pretty damn good stuff.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, that is whithout dilluting it. Were you to delete the whole bottle it would probably go bad before you finished it, and Folligen has a 2 year shelf life.

Isn't the Cream better for the hairline than the lotion?

Cassin

Reaction score
The ingrediants are exactly the same. In the same order. But the cream is a little more greenish/blue. Use either, folligen is the only thing that has gotten my scalp in good shape, which is a major key to fighting male pattern baldness.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
So Cassin folligen has helped you with flakes and itch? I asked if it helps with this earlier and people claimed it doesnt have this benefit.

Cassin

Reaction score
Kramer3 said:
So Cassin folligen has helped you with flakes and itch? I asked if it helps with this earlier and people claimed it doesnt have this benefit.

Really? I have heard nothing but good things about folligen from this site. As far as flakes go, I personally believe this is from to much minoxidil in one spot and it is simply residue.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i think its the minoxidil too.. It probably also doesnt help me that i use so many hair products to style it. When do you apply the folligen to your scalp? right after minoxidil?