Left temple back with a vengeance. Progress report at 2.5yrs

Deaner

Reaction score
Looks like my left temple, my worst one, is growing in tons of new darker hair, which is easily visible as a sort of "shadow" hairline even from a distance. It's not completely thick and filled in yet, but that seems to be what it wants to do, looking back over the last couple months since it started.

Even the "slant" part of both of my temples is growing new hair to bring the slant inwards some, and my right temple, the one that I reported as having absolutely no regrowth whatsoever on the horizon has since sprouted quite a few very visible hairs to fill it in.

Once all these hairs that I see grow in completely (which they hopefully do) I'll be extremely happy with my hairline. It won't be my perfect pre-puberty hairline by any stretch of the imagination, but it should bring me back to 16/17 when my hairloss just started and my hairline wasn't that bad yet.

This is all after 2.5 years on Propecia as a 21 year old male. Another reason to stick out treatment. If anyone remembers, my biggest over-riding concern in the beginning was hair density... not anymore. Soaking wet I can spike up my hair and mess it around and everything and you can barely see my scalp, and when you do, it's basically a glimpse of scalp surrounded by walls of dense albeit fine hair. I can spin my hair into spikes while in the shower and you can't see past the first 2mm or so, it just becomes too dense and dark to see through. And that's wet.

Slicked back wet it stands a good 3-4 inches tall and you can see no scalp at all through it. My hair is only about 5-6 inches long right now, a mini-shag. This is in contrast to my first year of university when I remember putting a tiny bit of wax in my hair and mussing about and instantly you'd see scalp and baby fine hairs all sticking together and ... just gross. I can't even talk about it anymore lol.

Happy with my progress so far needless to say...

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's good to hear you've had such awesome results! I remember you back from when I joined the forum and started propecia so it's good to hear that some of the people who have been around a while are still having success.