Led/laser Helmets Recommendations Do They Work?

pattinoel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm 23 and been losing hair (thinning) for about 4 years.
I'm getting ready to tackle it and was wondering about getting a *helmet*, light therapy, led or laser.
What's the success rate or concerns with these things.
Recommendations?
tia-patti

pattinoel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I see there has been some interest in my post but no replies. Has Anybody reading this used a helmet?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I see there has been some interest in my post but no replies. Has Anybody reading this used a helmet?
I think no one had noticable effect with helmets here, personally i have no faith in them at all and beleive its more or less a scam ;)

pattinoel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think no one had noticable effect with helmets here, personally i have no faith in them at all and beleive its more or less a scam ;)

Thank You Very Much for your reply reuters!
Yeah, I did go to the local Hair Club for a *Free evaluation and they did give me an estimate on what they would do for me which did include laser therapy whether it was a helmet or comb I'm not real sure but the whole package/membership was pretty expensive. But anyway I had heard about laser and light therapy before but really from nobody that has had a thinning/balding problem just from people/companies Selling the combs or helmets. There doesn't seem to be a community of people with thinning/balding that have had positive results.

VJ6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like most hair growth treatments, the answer is "it depends" and you'll never know without trying. I have been on it since Oct 2018 and can't say it has done much other than induce shedding of tiny hairs. My deeply impacted morale has further made me hate my hair. I'm still willing to sail through it until 6 months to see what happens.

Wild_Goujon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm 23 and been losing hair (thinning) for about 4 years.
I'm getting ready to tackle it and was wondering about getting a *helmet*, light therapy, led or laser.
What's the success rate or concerns with these things.
Recommendations?
tia-patti
I'd say they are a scam. Red light therapy itself is a scam IMO. If you want to try something on that vein just get a UVB lamp and expose your scalp to it. At the very least it will promote vitamin D synthesis and IMO, vitamin D deficiency is ALWAYS part of hormonal hair loss, either directly or indirecty.

Balding_girl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the laser helmet and nothing. But apparently if u have long hair it blocks the light (lol) so i should have purchased the comb