lead's story

lead

Reaction score
hey guys i jus joined this site in hopes to regain some of the hair i have lost in the last 2 yrs...i wish i came across this site before...but anyways...

My hair line has recited about an inch from the front and a lil more from the right side of my head where my hair line ends.

I have also experienced thinning of hair rapidly in the last year but I still have alot of hair left to keep and hopefully regrow the rest i have lost ..I just turned 22 so i am not sure if age has anything to do with hair loss if it is taken care of at early stages...

any help or suggestions would be nice, I am not sure of where to go from here...

ps. if pics would help some of you guys determine the pattern of hair loss i can take a couple snaps...
and show a before picture when i wasnt losing hair...

jeffsss

Reaction score
Re: sup guys, im 22...

lead said:
hey guys i jus joined this site in hopes to regain some of the hair i have lost in the last 2 yrs...i wish i came across this site before...but anyways...

My hair line has recited about an inch from the front and a lil more from the right side of my head where my hair line ends.

I have also experienced thinning of hair rapidly in the last year but I still have alot of hair left to keep and hopefully regrow the rest i have lost ..I just turned 22 so i am not sure if age has anything to do with hair loss if it is taken care of at early stages...

any help or suggestions would be nice, I am not sure of where to go from here...

what most people are going to tell you is use:

propecia
nizoral (shampoo)
t/gel shampoo

good luck! earlier you get on a treatment the better i'm told!

lead

Reaction score
propecia? what does it do? why must it be used? does it promote regrowth when its used and you lose hair when you stop it?
i tried searchin for it and i came up with other results...

nizoral (shampoo) im assuming its for the stopping of itchy and flaky scalps which lead to hair falling out due to no air to the hair follices...

t/gel shampoo i have no idea what t/gel is?

i aLSO read some good results with monoxil? is that the same as propecia?

jeffsss

Reaction score
lead said:
propecia? what does it do? why must it be used? does it promote regrowth when its used and you lose hair when you stop it?
i tried searchin for it and i came up with other results...

nizoral (shampoo) im assuming its for the stopping of itchy and flaky scalps which lead to hair falling out due to no air to the hair follices...

t/gel shampoo i have no idea what t/gel is?

i aLSO read some good results with monoxil? is that the same as propecia?

try searching the forums a bit more. or use google.com
theres much to learn young grasshopper.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Lead, is that you in your avatar picture?

If so, you're a very attractive girl... and do NOT use finasteride/propecia because hormonally, it is made for men only.

Women's hairloss is caused by a much more complex hormonal arrangement than is men's. You might consider getting some blood work done at a doctor's office to see if there are any obvious hormonal imbalances. Then, there are various pill-based meds that women can take to help counteract this.

lead

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Lead, is that you in your avatar picture?

If so, you're a very attractive girl... and do NOT use finasteride/propecia because hormonally, it is made for men only.

Women's hairloss is caused by a much more complex hormonal arrangement than is men's. You might consider getting some blood work done at a doctor's office to see if there are any obvious hormonal imbalances. Then, there are various pill-based meds that women can take to help counteract this.

buddy you owe me another explanation since im a guy and that gurl is my gurlfriend. so explain the guys solutions to losing hair...ehehhe thanks though!

The Gardener

Reaction score
She's a nice catch, bud.

As for your own MALE situation, I suggest going to the "General Hair Loss Treatments" forum and taking a peek around at some of the postings. At the very least, it will give you an idea of some of the treatments that are out there and get you familiar with some of the pros and cons. Read what the pros are saying about what is working and not working for them, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Here is a quick link to that part of the website:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... m.php?f=12

When you think you have an idea of what you might like to try, as a treatment, then post a message over there in that forum, and I think you'll get some outstanding advice. More people read the General Treatments forum than they do this one, so I think you'll get a better response.

And, after a while when the treatments you choose start to kick in, you can use THIS thread as a running report on your success.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi. As jeffsss correctly mentioned, the three treatments you should look at are Propecia (1mg Finasteride), Minoxidil 5%, and Nizoral Shampoo 2%. Just search this site for info on them.