larginnine and testosterone

G

Garthbrooks on this forum posted larginnine increases testosterone. For you larginnine guys wouldnt this increase more dht? Cause more test is turning into dht?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I believe there were some posts with proof that larginine does improve the hair condition. I wouldnt count on this signiifcantly improving the hair condition but I still take it to improve libido.

G

I have not seen any science to link Arginine with Testorsterone increases. Growth Hormone, though, yes.

Redbone

Reaction score
That is a good laugh- it takes about 30 grams a day to slightly increase growth hormone levels which is not applicable because it would wreak havoc on your digestive tract- in other words you would be shitting brown water all day.

Raising test does not necessarily equate to making more DHT, there are some forms of steroids and prohormones that actually help to block excess test so it does not aromatize and turn into DHT and Estrogen, one that comes to mind is 1AD and Nandrolone Decanate commonly known as Deca Durabolin. Now Testosterone based juice like Sustenon 250 will make you shed like a mofo and put DHT through the roof.

G

Redbone said:
That is a good laugh- it takes about 30 grams a day to slightly increase growth hormone levels which is not applicable because it would wreak havoc on your digestive tract- in other words you would be shitting brown water all day.

Raising test does not necessarily equate to making more DHT, there are some forms of steroids and prohormones that actually help to block excess test so it does not aromatize and turn into DHT and Estrogen, one that comes to mind is 1AD and Nandrolone Decanate commonly known as Deca Durabolin. Now Testosterone based juice like Sustenon 250 will make you shed like a mofo and put DHT through the roof.

Not to argue a small point but the science on arginine and growth hormone release is conflicting at best. Some studes show growth hormone increases at much smaller dosages than you reference, some do not. My point was that I had not seen any studies that link arginine with testosterone increases.

However, it most certainly does increase the frequency of erections of all kinds (in my experience).

:lol:

Redbone

Reaction score
You are correct Bruce, I was reffering to the Growth Hormone release not Test. I dont think it has any benefit for weightlifters for the fact that I have not heard such feedback in all my years and I have been taking 6g a day for 4mo with little results in the weighlifting field.

Some studies do indicate that when combined with Orenthine and Lysine it does produce increased GH but this has never been documented or taken seriously by weightlifters.

It does for a fact though help with sexual functions as far as Stamina, erection and ejaculate volume. Almost to a fault.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Im taking L-Arginine purely for the positive effects on Libido and erection durability, ive been on Propecia 18 months and I was having trouble keeping a boner, nowadays im like a p**rn star! Mrs Hess is very happy!

G

Redbone said:
You are correct Bruce, I was reffering to the Growth Hormone release not Test. I dont think it has any benefit for weightlifters for the fact that I have not heard such feedback in all my years and I have been taking 6g a day for 4mo with little results in the weighlifting field.

Some studies do indicate that when combined with Orenthine and Lysine it does produce increased GH but this has never been documented or taken seriously by weightlifters.

It does for a fact though help with sexual functions as far as Stamina, erection and ejaculate volume. Almost to a fault.

Yes, I think you are dead on here. Never found arginine useful as an anabolic aid. Some support its use for male pattern baldness though (Dr. Proctor for example).

Does help the wood though!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I, also, think it helps the wood and libido.

But again, Bruce, I found that article that linked l-arg to herpes breakouts, which might be balanced/prevented by MSM. But I haven't had any breakouts. Maybe I just don't have herpes, though. But I thought I had a cold sore once or twice in my life. Maybe just a zit on my lip. What is the difference, how do you know? And don't 1 in 3 people have herpes, but most don't even know, because it rarely breaks out? Frickin myths- so many out there, it's hard to know what the truth is.

G

elguapo said:
I, also, think it helps the wood and libido.

But again, Bruce, I found that article that linked l-arg to herpes breakouts, which might be balanced/prevented by MSM. But I haven't had any breakouts. Maybe I just don't have herpes, though. But I thought I had a cold sore once or twice in my life. Maybe just a zit on my lip. What is the difference, how do you know? And don't 1 in 3 people have herpes, but most don't even know, because it rarely breaks out? Frickin myths- so many out there, it's hard to know what the truth is.

Arginine def. causes herpes breakouts, like clockwork for me. Fortunately, Lysine seems to handle that so that I can take the Arginine and not breat out. Life saver for me.

:lol: