ladybug's Story

ladybug

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm 31 years young and have always had very thick naturally blond hair. I guess I took my hair for granted because I'm in SHOCK :shock: over my hair loss.

About 4 weeks ago I noticed that something seemed different. More scalp, less bangs. Then I noticed it more and more and more. I was hoping it was just my imagination. I kept bugging my husband but he kept saying he couldn't tell any difference.

Finally my sweet MIL came to visit and I asked her (I knew she would be kind and honest. She said, "Yes, your bang area is much thinner." It was actually a relief to have my gut instincts confirmed.

Last week I had my TSH level checked by my internist--the test came back normal.

I've got an appointment with a dermatologist for this monday. I'm apprehensive but I really want to figure out what is going on.

Here are the facts so far:

*Thinning has been sudden

*Located in the bang area

*Left side is a little worse than the right

*Had a baby 10 1/2 months ago (already experienced the postpartum shedding and regrowth--this is new and different)

*Currently breastfeeding so rogaine is out for now

*I'm freaked out, upset, and weirded out :freaked2: .

I really appreciate finding this board and the information I've found here. If I have to travel this road, it helps to find kindred spirits.

All the best

Anita

Reaction score
Hey Ladybug-

Glad you found us! This site has been a huge help for me. It may help for you to post in your profile where you are located because people often post suggestions on good derms in the area.

I also have experienced more loss on the left side than on the right but have no idea if this means anything. I haven't started on Rogaine yet but I am working up to it....

G

Hi Ladybug!

Sorry you have to deal with this, but welcome to the board!

http://www.heralopecia.com/guide/part3.php

Towards the bottom of that page you will find some other tests that can be helpful in diagnosing your type of hair loss.

Good luck, and pop by for any questions, info or support! :)

Laura