Ladies On Minoxidil You Should Definitely Try Nizoral Or Keto Shampoo

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello ladies I just want to share an experience I had, I was using minoxidil for two months only once daily and the shed was the same, then for the next 2 months I started using it twice daily and the shed slightly decreased, but then I introduced a generic shampoo like nizoral which is 2% ketoconazole shampoo (I can get it OTC where I live) and I used it 3 times per week only on my roots and normal shampoo on the ends because nizoral dries the hair a bit, and after one week on that shampoo the shed has been reduced dramatically, most days I shed 20-30 hairs maximum, on few days where I brush my hair vigorously or when I try to detangle it I lose around 70-80 hairs but it rarely happens and is still within normal ranges, compared to 200-300 hairs on normal days before minoxidil and ketoconazole. Dandruff and scalp itch have disappeared completely, my scalp feels healthy and clean, and I know some people would guess that my hair only stopped shedding because I was two months in with minoxidil and things start getting better at that time but I feel it's been very effective for me as after a few washes my hair has improved and usually minoxidil gives effect gradually. Also the generic version I'm using has a thick consistency and I believe it's given my roots a coarses texture which provides a bit of a root lift which is an advantage really, if you can try it for a month maybe go for it and if it doesn't work you won't lose anything

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello ladies I just want to share an experience I had, I was using minoxidil for two months only once daily and the shed was the same, then for the next 2 months I started using it twice daily and the shed slightly decreased, but then I introduced a generic shampoo like nizoral which is 2% ketoconazole shampoo (I can get it OTC where I live) and I used it 3 times per week only on my roots and normal shampoo on the ends because nizoral dries the hair a bit, and after one week on that shampoo the shed has been reduced dramatically, most days I shed 20-30 hairs maximum, on few days where I brush my hair vigorously or when I try to detangle it I lose around 70-80 hairs but it rarely happens and is still within normal ranges, compared to 200-300 hairs on normal days before minoxidil and ketoconazole. Dandruff and scalp itch have disappeared completely, my scalp feels healthy and clean, and I know some people would guess that my hair only stopped shedding because I was two months in with minoxidil and things start getting better at that time but I feel it's been very effective for me as after a few washes my hair has improved and usually minoxidil gives effect gradually. Also the generic version I'm using has a thick consistency and I believe it's given my roots a coarse texture which provides a bit of a root lift which is an advantage really, if you can try it for a month maybe go for it and if it doesn't work you won't lose anything

You use minoxidil 5% 2x a day?

Did you notice any difference in how you feel or look increasing your useage?

Did you stick to the recommended amount to use? (half a cap for foam)

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You use minoxidil 5% 2x a day?

Did you notice any difference in how you feel or look increasing your useage?

Did you stick to the recommended amount to use? (half a cap for foam)
I am using the liquid Minoxidil not the foam And I'm using 2 mls per application as some of the solutions sticks to my hair so doubling the amount makes the amount that reaches my scalp increase, I have noticed decreased shedding back to 50 hairs or less two weeks after increasing the dose, I might get the foam and apply it only to the top and the liquid to the sides because it'd be damn hard to get the foam between my hairs at the side without wasting too much of it

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I can definitely see that my hair part has narrowed a little bit on 2x per day compared to almost nothing on once per day, but it could be also due to that I'd just started Minoxidil and I need to stick for 6 months to evaluate results, but after two months I just increased the dose to increase my chance of better results at month 6

Snick92008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Nano123 thanks for the shampoo tip has you fall out improved and are you still on minoxidil?

Snick92008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Nano123 thanks for the shampoo tip has you fall out improved and are you still on minoxidil?
I have eyelash,brow and temple hair loss called frontal fibrosing alopecia. I've had a biopsy to verify this autoimmune/hormone related condition. I am weighting out the side effects of treatments. Minoxidil can cause fall out at a greater rate than it can regrow new hair & the new hair is often coarser and even a different color.

Daily topical steroid solution can cause about a 7 lb. or more weight gain.

Steroid injections can leave dents in the head.

Finasteride oral pill can cause sexual dysfunction in men. Female side effects unknown.

Castor oil treatments have no side effects & stimulates eyebrow and eyelash re-growth too.

Lattise works well on lashes not brows, rarely causes itchy eyes & darkening of eye color.

Mederma PM has no side effects. It contains onion which stimulates hair growth & reduces redness if you have scarring alopecia.

I make a finasteride topical solution with 3 pills, 1 shot glass of filtered water, 1 shot glass of witch hazel, 4 tsp. 5% minoxidil and 1/2 tsp. of a spf 50.
I put it in a larger dropper bottle & mix a fresh batch every week. I apply & massage in 2x daily. I have not experienced fall out and have seen some new growth after 2 months.

Let me know about your fall out and what your treatment choice has been.

Thanks

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi snick, I do castor oil treatments every now and then so idk if it's working, I'm still using minoxidil twice per day, now it's been 5 months and 5 days. the keto shampoo helped me greatly and I was just going through a periodic shedding which has subsided a few days ago, but over all during the past 3 months with keto and minoxidil I rarely shed 100 hairs per day and most days I shed around 50 or less hairs, so it's definitely working. I'm also on oral dutasteride for 15 days now and i'll give it a shot for 6 months to a year, I'm just buying myself some time until a better treatment is released.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a boy, but I'm using minoxidil for like 5 months and I didn't have the initial shed and I have a nice regrow... and keto helps the itch and inflammation for me.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No facial hair issues with twice a day application? That's why I fear... Once a day already gave me some vellus. c'est
I have more hair on my forehead actually but I don't know if it's because it's going systemic or simply because I go to the gym everyday 5 hours after applying minoxidil and sweat drips on my forehead carrying some of the unabsorbed minoxidil along. I thread it every 3 weeks or so and it doesn't grow out too fast, and it's not that much to make me annoyed tbh

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have more hair on my forehead actually but I don't know if it's because it's going systemic or simply because I go to the gym everyday 5 hours after applying minoxidil and sweat drips on my forehead carrying some of the unabsorbed minoxidil along. I thread it every 3 weeks or so and it doesn't grow out too fast, and it's not that much to make me annoyed tbh

No it gave me darker facial hair--i get it threaded..Its not dripping down my face..I think it spreads to general area...It did not give me like a 'mustache' lol or anything like that but where i had blonde hairs it turned more brown...made my brows a bit thicker I think...makes them grow in faster
BUT did not do this to my body hair. I think if full systemic it would be body hair...this happens with pills women get hairs on body.