lace review (pic)

CCS

Reaction score
hjlhlhj

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing how this looks on you CCS. Any idea of when you will have it?

IBM

Reaction score
If it looks great then i might consider a wig as an option for the future.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Same here. I'm getting sick of using all these chemicals.

IBM

Reaction score
Some people that have cancer use wigs. Why other cant use?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS, did you get your hairpieces yet? Where did you end up ordering from?

CCS

Reaction score
coolpiece, even though it costs more.

Toplace uses thicker hairs. While stronger, they mat easier. The toplace sales people say toplace just uses double strand 2 inches behind the hairline. Cool piece uses all single strand, unless you get a higher density that requires some double strand. From 3 feet away I doubt you can tell them apart. But if you get up close and part hair, I'm sure the toplace knots would be much more noticeable, and the strands would look pluggier than the coolpiece. I've not seen both, so don't quote me on that. I'm just using common sense based on the size and number of knots.

You can request toplace to bleach your knots, but they often don't do it unless you request it. Some orders also get mixed up. At coolpiece, all the knots are bleached. So even if your order gets mixed up, which is unheard of, it would still have bleached knots.

At toplace, they keep saying, "make do with what we send you. If you have a problem with it, BA will work it you." I'm sure the percent of mix ups is not large, but i just get the impression that if you pay extra at coolpiece, your chances of getting a mix up are much lower. The people at toplace told me not to believe everything I read, when I asked them about that. They suggested that every company has mix ups.

$200 for a topper at toplace. $300 for one at coolpiece.
For my big front piece, $200 at coolpiece. $100 for a smaller partial at coolpiece.

CCS

Reaction score
For me, Coolpiece is the same price as toplace. Coolpiece charges $200 for anything over 20 square inches, but I think up to 80 or 60. Toplace considers my 24 square inch piece to be a full sized piece, which is $200. So unless I need an emergency rush piece, I think I'll just stick to toplace or hollywood lace.

But if you are getting a full sized topper, Toplace is the lower price.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
CCS you are such a tease,im nursing a semi here waiting for these hairpiece pictures :tongue:

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
IBM said:
Some people that have cancer use wigs. Why other cant use?

I agree. In a way it's also convenient that cancer patients are known for wearing since this could potentially be used as an excuse in case you were somehow busted with a piece by someone whom you didn't know too well.

Person A: "Hey, I thought something was up with your hair! You're wearing a wig!"

You: "Yep, I am. After going through all of those chemo-treatments to kick the cancer back into remission, my hair finally couldn't keep up and fell out. Thankfully, hair systems exist today and allow me to live a relatively normal life by helping me not feel like I've been marked as a 'cancer survivor'".

Person A:
"Oh, I'm sooo sorry! I didn't know!"

You: "It's alright. You couldn't possible have known. Though, please just keep this between the two of us. You wouldn't want to be labeled as a 'cancer survivor', would you? I'm sure you can just imagine how that would feel..."

And so on. Basically, you could use this same format to guilt your way out of alot of rather embarrassing situations.

Person A: "Hey, I thought something was up with your hair! You're wearing a wig!"

You: "Yep, I am. I need one to hid all of the terrible burn marks left on the top of my head from that fireworks accident years ago..."

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
KielMcK said:

I totally empathize with this. Keeping up with most treatments is probably just as much of a pain in the *** as maintaining a nice piece. And on top of all the time and money spent on them, any hair one manages to salvage/regrow tends to look like a greasy, messy piece of sh*t.

Personally, I'm only going to put up with most the treatments I'm on now for one full year (I'm five months in already) and see what happens. If I'm not satisfied with the results by that time, I'll use FUE and get grated to a thick NW1 by Armani or Feller or some other extremely reputable surgeon. Then I'll continue to stay on generic Fincar and start sporting a sweet piece behind the hairline if I lose any more volume in the crown. (Until HM comes out of course). I'm 24 so I doubt anyone will ever suspect I'm wearing (if it looks as good as MB's). Additionally, since I've only recently become a NW1.5 no one will really notice a slight change in my hair back to a NW1. Especially not my friends and family back home, who haven't seen since before male pattern baldness started kicking in.

While nice pieces might require a bit of a learning curve and some extra time for maintanence, they're only marginally more expensive than some medications. And at least with them you're working towards something worth caring about, a bad-*** head of (somebody's) hair.

Rant over.

CCS

Reaction score
better at least cut fincar in 4ths, otherwise your sides will thin faster too. Thin sides affect how thick your piece can be.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS what do you mean? finasteride makes your sides disapear?

CCS

Reaction score
no. finasteride saves your sides. better to take 4th of a fincar table than to drop your regimen completely. It is $7 per month.

s.a.f

Reaction score
He's talking about the hair on the sides of your head.
Not sides as in side effects.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Meta-Monster! said:
KielMcK said:

I totally empathize with this. Keeping up with most treatments is probably just as much of a pain in the *** as maintaining a nice piece. And on top of all the time and money spent on them, any hair one manages to salvage/regrow tends to look like a greasy, messy piece of $#iT.

Personally, I'm only going to put up with most the treatments I'm on now for one full year (I'm five months in already) and see what happens. If I'm not satisfied with the results by that time, I'll use FUE and get grated to a thick NW1 by Armani or Feller or some other extremely reputable surgeon. Then I'll continue to stay on generic Fincar and start sporting a sweet piece behind the hairline if I lose any more volume in the crown. (Until HM comes out of course). I'm 24 so I doubt anyone will ever suspect I'm wearing (if it looks as good as MB's). Additionally, since I've only recently become a NW1.5 no one will really notice a slight change in my hair back to a NW1. Especially not my friends and family back home, who haven't seen since before male pattern baldness started kicking in.

While nice pieces might require a bit of a learning curve and some extra time for maintanence, they're only marginally more expensive than some medications. And at least with them you're working towards something worth caring about, a bad-*** head of (somebody's) hair.

Rant over.

sounds like a great plan!

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
no. finasteride saves your sides. better to take 4th of a fincar table than to drop your regimen completely. It is $7 per month.

Yep, that's what I'm doing. Thankfully, $7 per month certainly isn't going put anyone into bankruptcy.