Lace base vs mono recommendations please

Londonguy80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a lace base vs mono please? Either way would have a lace front but struggling to understand difference and pros of cons for lace v mono for the main base.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My understanding is mono is slightly more thick and suitable for full caps and heavier densities. Partials etc and lighter density then lace or skin should be fine

Londonguy80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks that’s helpful. Any idea if one should be more expensive than the other? I’m hearing different things from suppliers.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mono is fine if you don't expose your hairline, and it does last longer than lace or skin systems since it's more durable. However, I think lace is better overall as it's lighter and less detectable. Depending on the density of hair you choose, you should be able to get at least 6 months from an all Swiss or French lace system if you look after it well. I've often had the same Swiss lace system for a year (due to supply shortages in the pandemic), though it's not necessarily ideal to have to make a system last that long.