L-arginine and l-lysine

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
heads up
supposedly these two promote some hair growth and balance out the nitrogen in your body (which is good for hair). I am taking NO2 lifiting supplement (which is pretty much l-arginine) and I dont want to jinx myself but I think it does the hair good.

for all you lifters out there, l-lysine and l-arginine are great growth enhancers for the muscles and the hair .....double whammy

just looking out for my new family

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
According to this article, L-Lysine and L-Arginine do not work as well when taken together, so its one or the other:

Sometimes one amino acid can cancel the effect of another. For example, arginine is reported to have an antagonistic relationship with lysine. [1] On the other hand, arginine has a complementary relationship with ornithine, citrulline, and aspartic acid.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
there have been a plethera of scientifically sound posts propagating the usage of l-arginine, please refer to posts by oxhide, the man himself, he is a scholar and gentleman. L-lysine is a somewhat incopatible if someone has cold sores so it't got a precautionary element to boot. hope this helps