Knot Sealer and Walker Ultra Hold on Lace (need tape?)

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have kind of a 2 part question. I'm going to have a lace system (skin sides and back) and I've recently read about Knot Sealer.
1) is knot sealer something I absolutely need to prevent shedding and prolong the lifespan of the system? Anyone use it regularly?

Also I was about to order some Walker ultra hold clear adhesive and I before I ordered I read this:

****Strongly suggest you apply directly to skin and use Ultra Hold tape applied onto hair system perimeter to protect adhesive from stickling to cap. Adhesive directly on lace will cause adhesive to soak through lace and stick hair down. Tape will protect this from happening****

2) Does this mean I shouldn't apply this adhesive directly to the lace, but instead use tape on the lace and apply adhesive to my scalp? Can Tape be used on Lace?
(Sorry if these are dumb questions LOL)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I found that knot sealer to be completely and totally useless. A well-made system, cared for properly will have minimal shedding.

2. If you are already using tape, then there is no need for adhesive as well, but it sells more product. The tape itself has adhesive, and you will occasionally get some seepage into the lace, but not as much as from the liquid adhesive itself.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Make sure you never allow the lace to come into contact with the glue until it’s dried (tacky and clear).
That’ll save you hours of clean up and add weeks to the life of your system.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
1. I found that knot sealer to be completely and totally useless. A well-made system, cared for properly will have minimal shedding.

2. If you are already using tape, then there is no need for adhesive as well, but it sells more product. The tape itself has adhesive, and you will occasionally get some seepage into the lace, but not as much as from the liquid adhesive itself.
If not cared for properly will knot sealer help then?

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey man, thanks so much for the helpful info! Your knot sealer experience really helps me alot, I think I'll pass on it based on it not really making that much of a difference.
As far as the tape and glue, that makes total sense. Sounds like one or the other is the best approach so I'll try each one separately and see which one works best for my body chemistry. Thanks again man, much appreciated!
Make sure you never allow the lace to come into contact with the glue until it’s dried (tacky and clear).
That’ll save you hours of clean up and add weeks to the life of your system.
Hey man, thanks for those tips and advice, I greatly appreciate it! I'll definitely follow that advice. I may ask stylist to demonstrate for me before I try myself.
Thanks again brother!