Kirkland Minoxidil VS Rogaine

okami

Reaction score
I have used rogaine in one year. For two weeks ago I started with Kirkland.
And what can I tell u about this minoxidil - I have lost hairs more than I ever had!

Should I stop?

Does Kirkland work? Can you tell me about your experience?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
kirkland works for me. you may try switching back.

One possibility.. sometimes with treatment a largely syncronised shed can occur and will experience a temporary loss of gains, if this is the case it may recover if you remain consistant with treatments.

Sean68

Reaction score
kirklands about half the price. dirt cheap really.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is generic and the FDA allows a generic drug to be off in potency by %20 percent.That is not good too much of the drug could be missing

beaner

Reaction score
otis said:
It is generic and the FDA allows a generic drug to be off in potency by %20 percent.That is not good too much of the drug could be missing

Where did you get this information? It seems very unlikely that the FDA would allow a generic drug to be less potent than it's name brand counterpart.

tonitz

Reaction score
beaner said:
otis said:

Where did you get this information? It seems very unlikely that the FDA would allow a generic drug to be less potent than it's name brand counterpart.

I could see that if we were talking about something in a pill form, but these products clearly states the potency on the box. That would involve Kirkland making false claims on the packaging, as it clearly reads on my bottle "5% MINOXIDIL TOPICAL SOLUTION."

G

Kirkland is a little bit greasier than Rogaine, but the effectiveness is the same. It works. The only problem is that, having a high percentage of propylen glicol, it never dries and it can irritate the skin