King Of The World To Less Than Mud In 2 Years

Wadedoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Near the end of my 2nd year of medical school at 23 I started to notice it. By the beginning of my 4th year I am a Norwood 4 with diffuse scalp thinning.

At a hair transplant consultation they told me it would likely be 4-5 procedures with a year between each other and I would be on topical and oral regime for life. I felt they gave me a fair appraisal but from my research having few hairs per follicle, young age and rapid onset, and family history Norwood 7 are relative contraindications for a successful hair transplant. So I did nothing or really there is nothing that I am will to do.

Like so many of you I fell into a really dark place. Whenever I saw my reflection and those progressively growing shiny streaks, I hated myself. For over a year and half I can say not one single day went by that I felt comfortable in my skin. I became cynical, I laughed at psoriasis commercials “you think an elbow rash is bad? Try something that makes you feel like the majority of the bodily surface area you are presenting in a professional settings is disfigured like a disease ridden animal.” It’s an unbelievable burden to bear. So perfectly described as the cancer of the spirit. I went from being top 10% in my class 2nd year with limitless potential to bottom 50% my third year and the only major change in my life was hair thinning. I’m still scrambling to pick up the pieces and hopefully make it into a residency.

After laying into my family about f*****g me up and eugenics and what not... I eventually went to see a counselor. With a couple doses of CBT and just talking to someone about my frustrations and pain I can look in the mirror again without nose diving into the pits of despair. I think I’m pretty close to taking the plunge and shaving it off and moving on with my life. To be liberated from this metaphysical prison I’ve entrapped myself is all a sad bird needs to fly high again. Because you can thrive as a bald person and live your life to fullest at least I’m going to try.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't embrace it. Now that you're cyniccal you want to get rid of it but later on you would wish you could maintain at least what you have. Every little hair makes a difference even on buzz cuts. Get on a light regimen like finasteride and minoxidil. See where it takes you. Don't take the easy way since living with a slight hope of knowing finasteride or dutasteride will at least help keep what you have is a nice feeling to have rather than knowing youre progressing backwards as the days pass.

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Near the end of my 2nd year of medical school at 23 I started to notice it. By the beginning of my 4th year I am a Norwood 4 with diffuse scalp thinning.

At a hair transplant consultation they told me it would likely be 4-5 procedures with a year between each other and I would be on topical and oral regime for life. I felt they gave me a fair appraisal but from my research having few hairs per follicle, young age and rapid onset, and family history Norwood 7 are relative contraindications for a successful hair transplant. So I did nothing or really there is nothing that I am will to do.

Like so many of you I fell into a really dark place. Whenever I saw my reflection and those progressively growing shiny streaks, I hated myself. For over a year and half I can say not one single day went by that I felt comfortable in my skin. I became cynical, I laughed at psoriasis commercials “you think an elbow rash is bad? Try something that makes you feel like the majority of the bodily surface area you are presenting in a professional settings is disfigured like a disease ridden animal.” It’s an unbelievable burden to bear. So perfectly described as the cancer of the spirit. I went from being top 10% in my class 2nd year with limitless potential to bottom 50% my third year and the only major change in my life was hair thinning. I’m still scrambling to pick up the pieces and hopefully make it into a residency.

After laying into my family about f*****g me up and eugenics and what not... I eventually went to see a counselor. With a couple doses of CBT and just talking to someone about my frustrations and pain I can look in the mirror again without nose diving into the pits of despair. I think I’m pretty close to taking the plunge and shaving it off and moving on with my life. To be liberated from this metaphysical prison I’ve entrapped myself is all a sad bird needs to fly high again. Because you can thrive as a bald person and live your life to fullest at least I’m going to try.

Mine jump on finesteride and minoxidil and go turkey get a transplant for £1500 go back once a year for 3 years if need be ur only going to gain hair I wouldn’t embrace it just yet try get it back

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am/was in a similar situation. I shaved my head prior to my fur transplant. I wanted to see how it looked. I looked bad ***, I had a nice beard, caramel complexion, it looked good on me. And I stopped caring about my hair.

I got th transplant and even with the short hair, I still loved it, it worked, most people liked it.

But now I am back to square one. As I see th rescession and fade (to early to know how effective the transplant was). I am back to worrying looking at these forums, hoping, thinking, being envious.

My advice. Shave it off, get built, get a beard, and be free.

I will be honest,with my shaved head. No girl that I did meet care. All said, so what. Obviously this is later on. Some probably did care but oh well. Not like I won everybody before with hair.

Can't win them all.

Be free.