khris's story (with pics)

kris50

Reaction score
Hi all,

Excellent forum by the way!!

My hairline first started to recede when I was around 18, naturally this made me quite depressed. Fortunately I've been quite good at hiding my hairline over the years, usually with a short hair cut and a brushed forward style.

Now I'm in my 30's I've noticed the rest of my hair is starting to thin quite badly. I'm pretty sure I take after my Grandad in the hair loss department (damn him :D )

Anyhow, I'm desperate to keep what I have so am willing to try most things!!

My routine:

Just started using Kirkland Minoxidil %5 for a round a week now, starting to shed already though unfortunately!

I ordered a load of Saw Palmetto, but I'm very reluctant to use now after reading some of the threads on this site!

Will probably be ordering some propecia to see if that helps along with some Nizoral as well.

I'm drinking loads of green tea at the moment.

Here are some pictures before any treatment, hopefully you guys will be able to tell whether you think any of the big 3 will work for me. Dont wont to go down the hair transplant road thats for sure!!!

The pictures were taken under bright lights with a forced centre parting.

31vg.th.jpg

18zg.th.jpg

23qy.th.jpg

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
perfect propecia candidate, looks like the crown/anterior mid scalp loss that propecia is specifically designed for treating. keep us all updated!

G

Yep, I agree. I would start with Propecia/Proscar and keep with it for a year. I would say that your hairloss pattern is kind of similar to mine but yours seems a lot more advanced.

I still have mu front hairline intact but some loss at each temple.

kris50

Reaction score
ok, finally got hold of some Proscar!

I already use Minoxidil (3 weeks in) and Nizoral shampoo (2 weeks in)

Though I'm a bit apprehensive about using proscar due to it's tendency to recede the hairline drastically, mine is drastically receded enough already :D

Though the same is said about Minoxidil as well, so maybe I should just go for it and see what happens???

snake20

Reaction score
can't see pics

Why can I never see anyone's pics!! Is there something wrong with my computer?? Please post pics in a way that everyone can see them.

keep on keepin' on!

kris50

Reaction score
Apologies,

I think the website I registered the pictures with was only temporary, so they disappeared after a week.

It's a shame you can't just store the pictures on this website.

I'll try and post them up again at some point.

Only been 6 weeks so far, no changes to report :roll:

snake20

Reaction score
wrong

Propecia DOES NOT make you lose hair. It DOES NOT make the hairline recede. DHT makes the hairline recede. Propecia inhibits DHT so saying that it RECEDES the hairline is false. You may experience a shed because the drug stimulates the follicles and when a follicle is ready to produce a new hair it sheds the old one. People who claim that Propecia made them lose hair are clueless. I don't mean to be rude in any way, but PROPECIA DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOSE HAIR. Your genetics and stress do. Don't be apprehensive about starting Proscar. It only helps/not hurt.

Dahger01

Reaction score
is propieca and proscar the same thing?

and is nizoral, t/sal, and t gel the same thing?

lastly, whats all the fuss about green tea and vit b complex? are those suspose to be a hair stimulants?

Rye and Ginger

Reaction score
pros vs Propecia

Proscar and Propecia are the same drug chemically. However, Proscar contains 5 mg of finasteride whereas propecia contains only 1 mg. Studies suggest that DHT inhibition (with regards to hair loss) is not dose dependant above the .25 to .5 mg range, therefore do not try to squeeze in more than the recommended 1mg.

Many people choose proscar because of the cost difference. They simply cut the proscar into 1/5 cuts to get the 1mg/day. Others such as myself simply cut into 1/4ths (because of the shape of the pill), thus taking 1.25 mg/day.

Cheers