Keranetics + Wake Forest University = possibly something big

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if youve seen some of my posts here, I try to find things that fly under the radar (Kelopesia, follica release date), and I hope other blogs/forums pick it up and raise as much awareness, because I feel like we find out more when we actively dig as a community once its been brought to the attention of everyone. So for this possible treatment, I need your guys help into verifying if this is something.

I came across this article (http://triad-city-beat.com/hair-care-product-company-reboots-storied-whitaker-park/) which I found interesting.

"The fact that Alpha Keratin 60ku, the essential component in Reason To Believe’s hair-care product line, was developed by Wake Forest University cemented founder Melisse Shaban’s commitment to Winston-Salem when it came time for the company to open an ingredient manufacturing facility."

"The technology for the ingredient processed by Reason To Believe at Whitaker Park — Alpha Keratin 60ku, a building block of hair, skins and nails — was developed by the Winston-Salem biotech firm KeraNetics through a $30 million research investment."

"Shaban said that whether damaged hair is frizzy or thick and coarse, the protein carries a self-regulating capacity that addresses the specific need of each hair type."

“With the tens of millions of dollars that has been spent on this technology, this protein knows where to go,†she said. “It finds the damaged site, and where it’s not needed it washes out. The more damaged the hair is, the better the protein is.â€

“What’s really cool about our molecule is it comes from hair so it’s recognizable by hair,†Falco said. “So we can truly restore hair.â€

So after reading all this Im like kinda sounds sketchy, who uses the word cool, so i kept digging and came across this article, this is where it gets interesting. http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/print-edition/2015/03/06/kim-westmoreland-fulfilling-biotech-s-promise-to.html.

"Local officials expect the firm known as "Reason to Believe" to be a catalyst for future job growth at Whitaker Park, which is located north of downtown near Wake Forest University's campus. The firm is a spin-off company of KeraNetics, a biotech firm located in the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter that is developing a keratin-based platform used to help tissue repair and heal itself."

Leak said that Reason to Believe "is working on a hair treatment product that they will bring to the market."

So the most important part I feel like is that keranetics may be the same company which was working on burn healing for military personal in a very interesting thread a year or two ago in another forum that shall not be named involving Wake Forest as the topic.

http://www.keranetics.com/

So help me out guys, Please dig into all this. I am but a student who has finals coming up. Thanks, and sorry about the font formatting being weird, after copying and pasting quotes the text i write with changes to what ever i copy and paste.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm just skimming over your post and it's really late where I'm at so I may not be catching everything, but I don't see where they're saying they're addressing male pattern baldness. On the surface this sounds like a cosmetic product to use on existing hair, not regrowing lost hair.
Am i missing something important here?

I think the biggest problem we face is even if we find a hair growth stimulant, whatever mechanisms are causing the male pattern baldness will just negate any growth we might get from that stimulant.
Imho, We need to stop the root cause of the loss first

- - - Updated - - -

I just pulled this list from their products and services page:

hair care preparations; hair shampoo; hair conditioners; hair lotions; hair oils; hair care preparations, namely, styling lotions, gels, glazes, tonics, mousses, styling foams, hair sprays, non-medicated hair balms, waxes, pomades, permanent waving and straightening solutions, hair polish, leave-in hair curl retention preparations; non-medicated scalp treatment solutions and lotions; non-medicated skin care preparations; toiletries, namely, body creams, body exfoliating preparations, body lotions, body washes; cosmetics; cosmetics, namely, creams, gels, milks, powders and lotions for the face, the body and the hands; makeup products, namely, mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, lipsticks, nail polish, blush, foundation creams and powder, body deodorants; sun care preparations, namely, tanning and after-sun milks, gels and oils

Unfortunately I didn't see anything about growing hair on a bald scalp. Damn

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking into it for me guys. I saw that the company "keranetics" that helped developed the molecule their using in their product deals with tissue regeneration using keratin. They're trying to regenerate bones and muscle so I thought if a hair care company was using it, it was to regenerate hair, but like you guys said there doesn't seem to be explicit info regarding hair loss.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Wake Forest was trialing a hair growth product a few months ago. Remember? I published a brief article about it last July.

Hey Joseph, Ima huge fan of the blog, and I just saw the new post. Hopefully this is what's being tested for hair regrowth at wake forest. Though the cosmetic company doesn't mention hair loss specifically, maybe it's going to be the next step.
Slightly unrelated, Here's a company kythera I believe just invested in/bought? called sienna biopharma.
On slide 5 they say they also plan to work on hair regrowth
http://siennabio.com/wp-content/uploads/sienna-biopharma-website-deck-1.pdf
Would love your insights Joseph. Thanks.