Just want to introduce myself and explain my situation for advices!!

irefusetobebald

Reaction score
Hello,
First of all, I want to thank you for any comments and advice!
I started to notice my hair loss at age 20 but I thought it would be fine because at the time, my hair was definitely thinning but could not see my scalp. When I turned 21 my friends started to point out that my scalp was showing very clearly through the sunlight. I started to freak out and when I went to see the dermatologist, she recommeneded me to start minoxidil and mentioned finastride. I was afraid of the side effects of finastride so I just started to apply minoxidil 2X a day for the past year and half and I have yet to see any improvement from it. I started to take finastride(1.25mg) about two weeks ago. I tried my best not to take finasteride. due to all the side effect commotions but my hair has gotten extremely bad forcing me to take it. Is there any hope for me although minoxidil did not work? combining minoxidil and finasteride. together.
THANK YOU

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
There is hope. Minoxidil alone is enough for some, but not most. You need something to keep the DHT from attacking your hair follicles. finasteride should help with that. You made a good choice, since you want to keep your hair.

irefusetobebald

Reaction score
There is hope. Minoxidil alone is enough for some, but not most. You need something to keep the DHT from attacking your hair follicles. finasteride should help with that. You made a good choice, since you want to keep your hair.

Thank you for the reply!! I actually saw you commenting a lot in this forum. I have been reading/ researching on this forum for about 6months now haha finally hopped on finastride. I really hope I am a good responder w hopefully 0 side effects. no side effects yet!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Best of luck with your new regimen. Notcool regularly offers solid suggestions, we are lucky to have him here. All the best.