Just started take propicia...what else should i take

Manhood

Reaction score
Hi I have been reading posts on this site for about a month now.
I am 23 years old....Experiencing hair loss it started when I was 19 and thought I would just live with the consequences because all of my dad's brothers have lost there hair. And now their son's which are my cousins are losing there hair.

About a month ago I decided to take propicia. I haven't really experienced any problems. I am still losing hair at the same rate as before but I would estimate I still have over 50% of hair still left on my head. I know it takes several months for propicia to kick in.
I just wish I was able to go back when I was 19 and started taking it earlier.

The question I have is what else should I be taking. I am not that big of a Rogaine Fan! Too busy to apply it on my head everyday. Everyone seems to have there own Cocktails. I read posts about people taking Nizoral? What is it? And what does it do? Where can i get it from?

Also I wanted to know what should I take with propicia and what's working for you. If anyone could give me advise I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

maddoc23

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral is a shampoo that you can get from most supermarkets. I suggest you get it and use it as directed.

D

bombscience

Reaction score
What's up hood,

What is your goal, do you want to regrow or maintain? Is your hairloss noticable? If your hairloss isn't noticable, I would say science points to topicals like spironolactone or Folligen to help your maintain what you have with the good possibility of regrowth.

If you seriously want to regrow I would add minoxidil to one of the above solutions as well.

Finally, Nizoral shampoo is a must.

Manhood

Reaction score
Yeah it is noticiable....and i want to regrow but i wouldn't mind growing it back also.

I am new to this so i really don't know what spironolactone or Folligen is?
Do I need a prescription for Nizoral?

Thanks for your help

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Manhood said:
Yeah it is noticiable....and i want to regrow but i wouldn't mind growing it back also.

Thanks for your help

you can get nizoral at walmart

bombscience

Reaction score
Stabber said:
Manhood said:

Thanks for your help

you can get nizoral at walmart

This post goes out to BruceLee

Read about spironolactone: http://www.minoxidil.com
Read about Folligen: http://www.folligen.com

Considering you want to regrow, I would say you should start minoxidil 5%. You can get that on minoxidil.com or at any drugstore. Dr. Lee's is supposively less harsh on your scalp though.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
hood

of course bro you should get Nizoral (remember the studies, as effective as 2% minoxidil, and propecia trials were done with dudes usuing Nizoral).
As for folligen, the consensus is to be on a copper topical, one bottle lasts a heck of a long time. i am also on spironolactone. My experience with revivigen is somewhat ineffective, however I think my brother respoonds to revivogen. Trial and error my friend you just got to find what works for you.

good luck

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Manhood, there isnt more you can do for yourself without topicals. Propecia has a good chance at maintaining your current hair or at least slowind down loss, but if you really want a good shot at holding on or regrowing, you will need to add topicals. minoxidil and spironolactone would be huge. And yes, be sure to use Nizoral once every three days.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken but i thought that they were using Nizoral, possibly Nizoral and T gel????

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
cosmo gene said:
I could be mistaken but i thought that they were using Nizoral, possibly Nizoral and T gel????

only tgel

469 posts bomb?!? You post wh*** you! Does your employer know you're on here all day? :laugh:

bombscience

Reaction score
Stabber said:
bombscience said:
cosmo gene said:

only tgel

469 posts bomb?!? You post wh*** you! Does your employer know you're on here all day? :laugh:

yeah i think i have an addiction to HairLossTalk.com. hopefully the posts aren't all garbage. it really does make me feel better to read about everyone else and their battle because I know there are others out there that feel like me.