Just started Propecia

muna78

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just started w/ 1mg Propecia last night. Today, i found that i did not have a morning erection, and that my testicles have been sore all day. Should i continue with a lower does such as 0.5mg or 0.25mg and see how that goes?

I've used Rogaine in the past, and had awesome results. However, i had to stop taking it due to numbness in my hands, and chest pains. What luck eh? :)

I guess i should also mention that i am taking crestor to manage my cholesterol. (3x week @ 5mg.. lowest dose)... I'm 28, 5'10, and 130lb.. maybe being quite thin could mean the dose i am taking is a bit high for me? Other than that, i am fairly healthy.

I dont think i want to give up yet so soon, but any tips is appreciated.

bubka

Reaction score
i would wait a few days, it will likely pass, as most sides do for the majority of men

did you read a lot about sides before you started by chance?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also found that it gave me a slight testicle ache on day 2 and 3, it subsided but returns every few days, I find it tolerable since my hair has stopped falling out.

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
i started on propecia 7+ months ago and at first i did notice an ache in the spuds, this went away but occasionally returns...

i also didn't have morning rodney as often but lately it seems to be perking up a bit lately. woke up this morning with right stonker, my house mates thought i was building a camp or something........

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bilbobaggins said:
i started on propecia 7+ months ago and at first i did notice an ache in the spuds, this went away but occasionally returns...

i also didn't have morning rodney as often but lately it seems to be perking up a bit lately. woke up this morning with right stonker, my house mates thought i was building a camp or something........

:lol:

muna78

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna try continuing on for a few more weeks and see how it goes. But this time i will reduce the dose to .25mg based on thread which mentions that it is just as effective as 1mg... I rather take as less of the drug as i need to..

I didn't take propecia last night, but i did awake to a tent today.. still have the sore balls but that seems to be due to my sack tightening up quite a bit...

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think the pain that everyone feels for a day or two in the groin area is your prostate shrinking. someone correct me if i'm wrong though!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I still don't get this.

I am very tired all the time now which i'm sure is down to finasteride. Do many of you have that problem?

Getting hard has never been a problem and lately my libido has never been a higher..too high in fact...My partner and top shelf of the newagent are getting worn out. Anyone else experience this?

Maybe my Finpecia is a mix of sleeping pills and v****....ha.

I have ordered some genuine propecia to try as well as my sides do seem to be different than most.