Just started propecia today....

Reaction score
Little nervous, hoping there are no side effects.

I do have a question though. My wife and I are planning on trying to get pregnant in July. Should I wait on taking Propecia?

I'm not worried about my sex drive, but what about other possible effects, if any?

My Dr. said nothing about it, nor has anything I've read.... but I did see a couple posts from people saying they stopped taking it when "starting a family." What's the deal?

Thanks.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
All studies seem to indicate that it's completely fine.

The FDA, when Propecia first came out, had a warning on it, telling people to quit finasteride before conception, as a precaution.

There have been 0 recorded birth complications from the male-use of finasteride.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
hairtodaygonetomorrow said:
I do have a question though. My wife and I are planning on trying to get pregnant in July. Should I wait on taking Propecia?

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... .jsp#faq12

Can I take PROPECIA if my wife and I are starting a family?
Contact with the semen from a man being treated with PROPECIA is not a risk to the unborn child of a pregnant woman.

Yes, you can take PROPECIA if you and your wife are trying to conceive or if your wife is currently pregnant. However, women who are or may potentially be pregnant must not use PROPECIA and should not handle crushed or broken tablets of PROPECIA because doing so may cause abnormalities of a male baby’s sex organs.

Reaction score
Thanks.

Day 2, nothing to report, not that I thought there would be.

I'm a little nervous still. Seems the more I research, the more I find sites like proceciasideeffects.com or others that say there's a risk for PERMANENT side effects.

I'm sure it's rare, but still... if true, how could this drug still be on the market?