Just Started Propecia. Need Advice!

Confused

Reaction score
My hair started to thin around 1 1/2 years ago or so after doing a cycle of Rebound XT. Recently do to stress I believe it has started to thin rapidly. In the past I have used aloe every night along with T-gel shampoo and conditioner (which I have now built a tolerance for) in the AM.

I've started taking .5 (1/2) of propecia a day for a week and a half now. I was getting alot of pressure in my right nipple and developed some gyno which seems to have reversed some. I don't feel pain anymore.

My questions are;

Is 1/2 of propecia a day enough?
What is a good combination shampoo to use for DHT block or hair regrowth? Reviveogin?

I would like to try and hold of on the Monoxidil.

Any and all advice very much appreciated!

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Aparently Nizoral is a good shampoo to use. i've bought some, but havent got around to using it yet.

minoxidil should be easy and cheap to get a hold of, so if you want to, start on that. (twice a day, apply to dried hair and scalp, 1ml each application, don't wet hair afterwards for a few hours).

recommended dosage is 1mg finasteride, but i hear 0.5mg does the job just as well.

Confused

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

I actually started using nizerol 1% every 3 days or so. Would revivegin or tricomin be good to use in between nizoral days?

I would like to hold off on monixidil if I can.

My scalp is always itchy!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
revivogen is better than tricomin as far as im concerned, especially for maintenance, but more expensive too.

ugly_and_balding

Reaction score
I don't know about tricomin, but revivogen, in addition to be very expensive, is a dark brown thick greasey liquid, and when it dries you have a dark brown crusty layer on your scalp. You have to wash your hair really thoroughly to get the stuff out. minoxidil is better.