Just some thoughts

eek

Reaction score
Most of the posts here promote drugs, in hope to maintain hairlines, for a few years. What's up with that? I don't understand.

What I mean is, take a look at some pics of celebrities in their youth, and in their old age.
Ill go ahead and take one: Bing crosby. At about 30, you'd think he'd be bald by 35. nuh uh. at nearly 70, he had the EXACT same hairline. And don't tell me he was maintaining thanks to propecia, he died in 1977.
Also, lets take some recent cases. David Beckham? Sure doesn't look like he's balding, yet he sure as hell didn't have the same hair 15 years ago. I mean look at his temples, they go way back. So, propecia? Maybe, but I doubt it. Same goes for Johnny Depp. I'd say 95% of people are "balding"
It just seems to stagnate at some point for most people.

Some minor exceptions though. Brad Pitt seemingly hasn't lost more than 20 hairs since his teens.

I dunno. I feel like most people on this site are either the type that really do go completely bald, or are making themselves overly sick with the problem. I know I'm making myself sick with it. I can't even clearly see a change in the hairline since I was 20, 2 years ago, but now hair seems to be going everywhere, including the front. male pattern baldness? I don't think so. I think this psychological state of mind is a real nuisance.
I'm also happy for those who believe in those "big 3 treatments", however, I still think Placebos would work just as well.

VWdude

Reaction score
These are celebrities we are talking about here, remember they have all the money in the world to spend on their hair so going bald is nothing more than an itch in the *** for them.. unless they want to go bald that is!

eek

Reaction score
that wasn't my point though :)
I took the example of celebrities because everyone can actually look at their hair, from recent to long ago

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
eek said:
Bing crosby. At about 30, you'd think he'd be bald by 35. nuh uh. at nearly 70, he had the EXACT same hairline. And don't tell me he was maintaining thanks to propecia, he died in 1977.

I suspect hair transplant. A lot of male celebrities from years ago who seemed for a time to be balding, miraculously kept a decent hairline. You mentionned Bing Crosby, but I think Frank Sinatra is another good example. These people HAD to have hair, or their careers would be over. Even today, if you have enough money almost anything is going to be possible (Donald Trump), and attitudes have also changed a little too, so it is a little more acceptable (Sean Connery).

But still, you're right, a slowly receed ing hairline is normal, and its good you don't let things bother you too much. But I don't think that this stuff is all psychological though.

2young

Reaction score
I don't trust celebrity hair. If you watch Mel Gibson's movies, you'd think maybe he's a NW2 at worst, with very thick hair. In reality, he's a NW3-4, and pretty thin on top.

I could stay the way I am forever, but who knows if I will? The odds of that happening aren't any that I'd care to bet on. I decided to take propecia, because I want to do what I can to keep my hair. I have some family members who are quite bald, so I could end up like them, and I don't want to. If all of my family members never got worse than NW3, I'd probably be a lot less worried about my own hairloss.