Just got my propecia what else should i get.

SadSad

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked my dermatologist if i could get proscar and he said no :p anyways i got my first doze of propecia i got some questions. Hopefully u guys can help out. What else should i get to aid my hair loss im a difuse thinner pretty bad too

any vitamins? certin shampoo? also i know i should also probablly get rogain but i tried some when my uncle had some and it leaves your hair really wet for along time..... how many times do u have to apply it? how long does it take to dry cause if my hair is wet u can see my scalp very easily and since i work in the morning i dont wanna apply rogain go to work and have everyone see my scalp thx alot guys i posted picture before of my hair loss ill post again if i see improvement

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on starting finasteride! Now you need to get a good shampoo on board which will help alleviate scalp irritation and create a suitable environment to regrow hair. I recommend Nizoral and T-gel. You should use either at least every other third day in rotation with another shampoo. Currently I use T-gel and nizoral every other day to control my itch. Good luck. :D

Vanity

Reaction score
read through the posts and check out the veteran people's regiments. It will answer many questions. Also read frequently asked questions.

Be careful though...there are some among us that profit from your questions.

Listen to guys like HTL (of course) and BruceLee etc.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Rogaine wont leave your hair wet. It takes 45min to an hour tops to completely dry. With Dr. lee's stuff, 15 min top. You can work it into your schedule. If you really would like to regrow a substancial amount of hair, then minoxidil is required. Use a shampoo like nizoral or t/gel once every 2 or 3 times per week. Let us know any specific questions.

Minoxidil/propecia/nizoral shampoo are known as the 'big 3' around here for a reason. They are clinically proven to be very effective. How everyone reacts to them is based upon the individual but the probabilities are on your side.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
SadSad:
What time do u get off work?? If you work early enough in the morning and are home by 4ish then you can apply it as soon as you get home. I get back from school at 4 and apply it once then, let it dry for 8 hours and then re-apply at 12 when i go to bed. I know it might not be the optimum strategy but it's the most feasible in my case.

Have you taken anything to halt your hair loss.. I went back and saw your old pictures and I was impressed by how much you could cover your bald spots considering how much hair you lost.. I'm an aggressive young diffuse balder as well but my hair isn't too bad yet. On the verge of being detectable by someone with an acute eye. I guess i'm interested in your condition because without treatments i would be in your shoes by the time i'm 20. (I"m 18 now). Anyways best of luck man and if was you i'd give minoxdil a try.. what do u have to lose?

SadSad

Established Member
Reaction score
Kramer3 said:
SadSad:
What time do u get off work?? If you work early enough in the morning and are home by 4ish then you can apply it as soon as you get home. I get back from school at 4 and apply it once then, let it dry for 8 hours and then re-apply at 12 when i go to bed. I know it might not be the optimum strategy but it's the most feasible in my case.

Have you taken anything to halt your hair loss.. I went back and saw your old pictures and I was impressed by how much you could cover your bald spots considering how much hair you lost.. I'm an aggressive young diffuse balder as well but my hair isn't too bad yet. On the verge of being detectable by someone with an acute eye. I guess i'm interested in your condition because without treatments i would be in your shoes by the time i'm 20. (I"m 18 now). Anyways best of luck man and if was you i'd give minoxdil a try.. what do u have to lose?

Yea its prob cause i have my hair long.... but most of the time of course its easy to notice i dont have alot of hair but its not easy to get my scalp showing when i get to work unless there alot of wind and it goes crazy. Its my fault for leting it get as bad as it did... i prob started losing my hair at age 15-16 ish... im 20 now i didnt do anything about it i was kinda in deniel about my hair loss :( and back then i only knew of rogain and was kinda nervous to get on it now i wanna kick this into high gear if i can regain 30-40 percent of what i had of hair id be f*****g happy :\

SadSad

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Rogaine wont leave your hair wet. It takes 45min to an hour tops to completely dry. With Dr. lee's stuff, 15 min top. You can work it into your schedule. If you really would like to regrow a substancial amount of hair, then minoxidil is required. Use a shampoo like nizoral or t/gel once every 2 or 3 times per week. Let us know any specific questions.

Minoxidil/propecia/nizoral shampoo are known as the 'big 3' around here for a reason. They are clinically proven to be very effective. How everyone reacts to them is based upon the individual but the probabilities are on your side.

Where can i get dr lees stuff? link? also nizoral thx alot

whats your regiments? and any improvement? thx alot guys

ShedMaster

Reaction score
SadSad said:
ShedMaster said:

Where can i get dr lees stuff? link? also nizoral thx alot

whats your regiments? and any improvement? thx alot guys

dr. lee's from minoxidil.com

nizoral from walgreens

my regimen is listed under the 'my regimen' button on my profile

yes ive had decent improvement but have only been on it for 4.5 months.