Just An Update From Me. 26 Years Old.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks good, i don't see anything to worry about. Are you getting help for the depression?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might have some slight recession around the temples but that is normal for your age.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best suggestion is to take care of what you have now. Avoid intense shampoos, hair sprays/colors, and wash it few times a week. Have a good conditioner. Take vitamins and supplements too. That's your best bet

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all dude, sorry for your dad. Now regarding your hair, being so long and fluffy it's kind of hard to spot any miniaturization, if you would buzz it you would see things differently and you could also go to a doctor then and do a scalp biopsy or trichology test to see exactly if there is any sign of male pattern baldness. I guarantee you that these tests are more accurate than any opinion you would get from strangers, being they on the internet on hairloss forums, but from real life also...

And talking about opinions, mine is that you have great hair and i can't seem to see any signs of male pattern baldness from your pictures, i may be wrong of course but as i said, if you really want to be sure and have that peace of mind, you could get some professional tests done with proper equipment that would really show what even the eyes can't see...

And a humble advise for your depression, keep in mind that people tend to disregard it and minimize the damage it can do, especially being in that state for so long, it can actually destroy you, it can actually increase the risks of you getting a lot of diseases, illnesses, from heart one to actually f*****g cancer... You really should make it priority number 1 and start doing something about it immediately, from going to a therapist, doing yoga and trying meditation, do exercises when you can, go out in nature, swim, do whatever but take action before it's to late...

As for the whitening of your hair read this:

How the stress of fight or flight turns hair white

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03949-8

Take it with a grain of salt of course like you should take everything, but keep in mind that we don't actually know a lot of things and we really, really have the tendency to minimize and underrate things that we don't understand, it's human nature unfortunately, "what you can't see or know, can't hurt you..."

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all dude, sorry for your dad. Now regarding your hair, being so long and fluffy it's kind of hard to spot any miniaturization, if you would buzz it you would see things differently and you could also go to a doctor then and do a scalp biopsy or trichology test to see exactly if there is any sign of male pattern baldness. I guarantee you that these tests are more accurate than any opinion you would get from strangers, being they on the internet on hairloss forums, but from real life also...

And talking about opinions, mine is that you have great hair and i can't seem to see any signs of male pattern baldness from your pictures, i may be wrong of course but as i said, if you really want to be sure and have that peace of mind, you could get some professional tests done with proper equipment that would really show what even the eyes can't see...

And a humble advise for your depression, keep in mind that people tend to disregard it and minimize the damage it can do, especially being in that state for so long, it can actually destroy you, it can actually increase the risks of you getting a lot of diseases, illnesses, from heart one to actually f*****g cancer... You really should make it priority number 1 and start doing something about it immediately, from going to a therapist, doing yoga and trying meditation, do exercises when you can, go out in nature, swim, do whatever but take action before it's to late...

As for the whitening of your hair read this:

How the stress of fight or flight turns hair white

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03949-8

Take it with a grain of salt of course like you should take everything, but keep in mind that we don't actually know a lot of things and we really, really have the tendency to minimize and underrate things that we don't understand, it's human nature unfortunately, "what you can't see or know, can't hurt you..."
I agree with a lot of what you just said but especially for the last point it can also go the other way around. Sometimes we do underrate unknown things but often it's the exactly the opposite. The fear of the unknown is actually biological programmed into us to be suspicious and keep us safe. That's why we fear the dark, why horror movies work, why the deep sea is terrifying for a lot of people and why racism exists or the I/We against the others mentality. It's a protective mechanism. Otherwise excellent reply.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you just said but especially for the last point it can also go the other way around. Sometimes we do underrate unknown things but often it's the exactly the opposite. The fear of the unknown is actually biological programmed into us to be suspicious and keep us safe. That's why we fear the dark, why horror movies work, why the deep sea is terrifying for a lot of people and why racism exists or the I/We against the others mentality. It's a protective mechanism. Otherwise excellent reply.

Yes i agree, you are right but unfortunately it's automated and all tho it's protecting us of a lot of things, it also hinders us in a lot of moments when it shouldn't. That's why you need to filter it and try to use it in your advantage, thing that does not happen with the majority because of various reasons which i'm not gonna get into right now, being a big subject and a lot of things that could be discussed regarding it... But yeah, that's the way it works, you are right..

straitlines

My Regimen
Reaction score
No male pattern baldness or thinning whatsoever.

Go on and live life to its fullest. And I hope time heals you of the loss of your dad.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too lazy didn’t read (apologies). Saw the pics though. Your hair looks fantastic. The longer it is, the thinner it feels. You have a hairline of a 18year old, be grafeful.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for reply. I know it's just opinions here but I guess that in a way is the point of this place. I often like your approach to people asking questions here (not the arguing stuff but your regular answers). Hopefully you know what I mean.

I actually just had somebody point out m gray/white hair again yesterday. They said "Your just getting more and more gray/white hair". I am 100% fine with this though, and always kind of wanted all white hair anyway.

No worries mate i know i can be harsh but my intentions are good, i have nothing personal with nobody, hairloss bothers me also but what bothers me most is idiocracy, stupidity and the willingness to spread it but that's another story, not worth getting into it.

I like white hair also and know a lot of women who find it very sexy, it's just life, but just wanted to point out that stress may be involved in it and since you shared you story, i think you have a lot of it in your life even if you try i think your best to hide it or maybe keep it in you, and it's not always the best solution.

This is my favorite example, i love this actor:

30412819-1300x1733.jpg

101128leslie-nielsen1.jpg

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they say you are good to everyone if you have good hair NOW.

If you feel balding, your balding. I think you lost some density.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have many things I could say but I am too exhausted and it really means nothing anyway. Thank you for the replies. I hope everybody finds happiness.

Your hair looks good man. I honestly don’t think you have anything to worry about at all in that regard.