Just a lot of random thoughts about things.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 27. I have another account here but can't remember the password. I am here just to type out some stuff. Basically I have depression, anxiety, and can't just live life. It's nobody's fault. It's my fault. I also hate the way I look. I hate looking in the mirror but sometimes I can't stop. I hate pictures of me almost always.

I have always been told I look like my dad. I tend to agree, especially from the eyebrows down. However I often think my forehead is too big. But then sometimes I think it looks proportional or normal in the mirror or pictures. It is pretty much exactly 4 four fingers which is supposedly normal. I also think it is too wide, l mean ear to ear direction.

Quick family history again. Feel free to skip this.

My dad was a thick NW2 when he died at 48. His full brother is thick NW0 at 51. His half brother is a thick NW1 at 35. My only male cousin on that side is a thick NW1 at 30. On my mother's side. She is has a great head of hair at 50. I have hair more like her but look more like my daddy, as mentioned. Her dad is a NW6 and had signs of hair loss younger than me now. As a side note me, my dad, his full brother, and my cousin all followed the same beard pattern, exactly. Not sure what that means in regard to the AR gene. My mom's brother is a thick NW1 at 45. All of my male first cousins on her side have NW1 except one but his dad is a NW7.

End family history.

(I know that you can have zero hair loss on both sides and still lose your hair or hair loss everywhere and you keep yours)

I have been watching my hair for over 2 years now and finally decided to take 0.25 finasteride a day. Started 4.5 months ago. I posted here a few times and everybody told me that I was OK but I couldn't take it and I was 99% sure I was losing. I just really hate the way I look. I look like my dad and apparently he was a good looking according to many. (This is not about vanity or if I'm good looking). But I still can't shake that my forehead is off or something. Probably why I try to cover it. So ridiculous I know.

Anyway, I just can't take this depression and all this. I focused most of this on me hating the way I look and about hair, but this is only part of my depression. Much more to it and I tried to not get to dark. I really wish my dad did not die when I was 20. I am a failure and I am sure he would be disappointed in me.

I could go on about more things but I guess that is enough for now. Sorry about this stupid post.
I am 42 , started to loose it when I was 17th . My dad was a douchbag, so I didn't want to look like him ( he left us when I was 6 ) .

So, My advice is, as an """" old """ :) man, is to focuse is something else. Study and work, then all the other things come .

About treatment I suggest you to start minoxidil plus tretinoin everyhing . And wash you hair with ketoconazole 2 % shampoo everyday , leave it for 10 minutes.

Finasteride could cause you even more depression and anxiety, cause all the other hormones ( like allopregnolone ) it also block ( cause it block the 5-AR ) . Keep that in mind . Not telling you to stop it, but you should know it.

If you want to add something more, you can add progesterone cream and apply it 30 minutes after the lotion with minoxidil + tretinoin .

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Emptiness Yep the mind be can be our own worst enemy at times. Mental health is probably the most important thing in life

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 27. I have another account here but can't remember the password. I am here just to type out some stuff. Basically I have depression, anxiety, and can't just live life. It's nobody's fault. It's my fault. I also hate the way I look. I hate looking in the mirror but sometimes I can't stop. I hate pictures of me almost always.

I have always been told I look like my dad. I tend to agree, especially from the eyebrows down. However I often think my forehead is too big. But then sometimes I think it looks proportional or normal in the mirror or pictures. It is pretty much exactly 4 four fingers which is supposedly normal. I also think it is too wide, l mean ear to ear direction.

Quick family history again. Feel free to skip this.

My dad was a thick NW2 when he died at 48. His full brother is thick NW0 at 51. His half brother is a thick NW1 at 35. My only male cousin on that side is a thick NW1 at 30. On my mother's side. She is has a great head of hair at 50. I have hair more like her but look more like my daddy, as mentioned. Her dad is a NW6 and had signs of hair loss younger than me now. As a side note me, my dad, his full brother, and my cousin all followed the same beard pattern, exactly. Not sure what that means in regard to the AR gene. My mom's brother is a thick NW1 at 45. All of my male first cousins on her side have NW1 except one but his dad is a NW7.

End family history.

(I know that you can have zero hair loss on both sides and still lose your hair or hair loss everywhere and you keep yours)

I have been watching my hair for over 2 years now and finally decided to take 0.25 finasteride a day. Started 4.5 months ago. I posted here a few times and everybody told me that I was OK but I couldn't take it and I was 99% sure I was losing. I just really hate the way I look. I look like my dad and apparently he was a good looking according to many. (This is not about vanity or if I'm good looking). But I still can't shake that my forehead is off or something. Probably why I try to cover it. So ridiculous I know.

Anyway, I just can't take this depression and all this. I focused most of this on me hating the way I look and about hair, but this is only part of my depression. Much more to it and I tried to not get to dark. I really wish my dad did not die when I was 20. I am a failure and I am sure he would be disappointed in me.

I could go on about more things but I guess that is enough for now. Sorry about this stupid post.
I would recommend you to read the book called '12 rules for life' from Jordan B. Peterson. He can really help you understand what you need to 'set up' your life. He also has a lot of video's on YouTube. He really helped me and lots of other people

fearofthereaper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did this turn into a contest on who balded first? This man is pouring his heart out ffs.

As far as advice can go, you seem like you have BDD and some therapy might do you good. Depression is a bad uphill battle but try to occupy yourself with things you enjoy. Dont think about how you come off to other people without taking care of yourself first.