Jude Laws Hairline, and the amount of donor hair available.

jasonbudd1984

Reaction score
So Jude Laws hairline looks pretty good considering the extent of the receeding. This is obviously made a whole lot better by virture of him being a very pretty guy. Ive been losing my hair for years now(and am only 22, woe is me), and have copied his flicky dandyish hair cuts. However I dont have a widow's peak(i think thats what it is) and am now at a Norwood 3 vertex.
I can deal with the rising hairline, but its the bald patch that kills me. I am presently on to much medication to consider punishing my liver and body with finasteride just yet(going to start in earnest in a couple of months). However I dont really know anything about hairtranplants, so forgive me if this is a foolish question, considering the extent of his hairloss, do you think that something similar could be achieved with a hair transplant.
As I said, im not wholly fussed about a fully intact hairline, and its this that prompts me to think about this. Obviously I am going to give the big three a shot and see how it goes. I suppose I am just taking the long view as to what could happen as a result(I hope and pray for HM but I think the reality of it is still 5+ years). If someone went to quite a advanced stage of baldness, would their still be enough hair from donor sites to achieve a result like his. Is there such a thing as wearing a hair system(to cover the back) as well as a h.t. for front.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
in my personal opinion, i think you're too young for a hair transplant. You dont want to be forced to wear a piece in the back because you've got hair in the front and nowhere else.

you dont want to run out of donor hair and look like a freak.

Like you said, try the big three, for at least a year, then weigh your options.

CCS

Reaction score
Look at vince vaughn's hair line. it is so high. i'm sure he was once a NW4 at least, if not 5, and probably just filled his hole and some of the very top. His hair in front is so high. I also saw a pic of ben affleck without his wig. He is a NW3. but he is in his 30's, so it is not like he missed out on his youth. my hair is thin and looks bad, but I just keep it short and wear a hat and do the big three and try a few other things and hope for the best.