Johnson and johnson has something cooking.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil-containing hair growth composition
patent US 20150374603

Because the target tissue for topical minoxidil delivery is the hair follicles (or hair "roots") residing deep in the dermis, only minoxidil that penetrated into and cross the skin layer could reach the hair follicles, and therefore, is of practical significance. The cetyl lactate (or C8-C24 alcohol ester of a carboxylic acid) containing Inventive Treatment Formulation II provided significantly enhanced minoxidil delivery deeper into the human skin versus Comparative Formulation I (i.e., by about 206% into the skin tissues) as demonstrated by the results in Table 23. Example 17

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh. Just exfoliate, wash off sebum and dermaroll if you want to get the same or better result.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of us who still have a significant amount of hair (>Norwood 2.5), dermarolling isn't an option - it damages the existing hairs and causes temporary loss in those areas.

No it doesn't. Just ask PrettyFly83... in fact, it causes regrowth if anything.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did for me - I don't know how it couldn't, considering you're inflicting a wound to a healthy follicle.

You're not wounding the follicle. No chance in hell for that to happen either as follicles are 3-5mm deep and pretty much everyone dermarolls at 1.5mm.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Prettyfly doesn't have a significant amount of hair. How many others have seen regrowth with DM? If you're not diffused then it would damage hair but I have no earthly idea why you would DM that area.

What's a decent exfoliating shampoo?

J&J are in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania. Thus compound suggest there is way more than minoxidil in it. If they need FDA approval then that is disappointing.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
You're not wounding the follicle. No chance in hell for that to happen either as follicles are 3-5mm deep and pretty much everyone dermarolls at 1.5mm.

That's actually a question I have... I did seems roll for a while, but I'm a NW2.5, and just did my temple areas where it was slick... I didn't see results, but I did stop after 6 months because people started chatting about scarring and how it could be an issue with future stem cell treatments? Any truth to that or are they just spitting idiocy?