jktwin's Story

jktwn

Reaction score
been lurking for about a month now. Have to say I'm impressed w/ several / many of you here. Your attitude and helping nature to others that are going through this is awesome to see.

My story is:

I notice thinning about 9 mts ago. Just before my 32nd birthday. Always had fulll head of hair. Loosing my hair was something I never thought I would have to worry about. Esp as I was getting in my 30's. Anyone know of people to start loosing hair that late? just wondering as I see many of you here started lossing in eary 20's and teens. Also, my grand fater, fater60, moter and brother(37) have very thick har. Only my uncle on my mothers side has very advance male pattern baldness and his oldes child. Both of them started when they were in late teens.

I started using Propecia 2 mts and one week now. I can tell no difference( have noticed more oil on skin and some bumps now ...when I have not had any in years). I still see the 10 to 20 hairs in sink and anohter 15 to 20 when blow drying my hair. Right now no one can tell I have any hit of loss (except if they could see the sides and back when its wet). As many of you can relate....I know it. Hair feels thinner.. and cant style it the fun ways I use to. I can tell that I have less sex drive and take a bit more before I get it to rise to the event...exp. if i've had a few drinks.

Queston, has others here known or experanced hair loss at age of 32 when not much male pattern baldness in family..such as grandfather and father..ect?

Thanks for your time and feed back.
Best of luck to you all...this hair loss thing does suck :oops:

upnorth

Reaction score
From what I have read online, and confirmed by Dermatologist, male pattern baldness is generally inherited from your Mothers side.

So most likely you have more in common with any male members from your mothers side of the family.

Best of luck, I have just noticed loss myself (I'm 28) and we should count ourselves luck we didn't start this ten years ago. I have alot of empathy with the posters who are in their late teens/early 20's.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Concerning the hairs in sink... I never noticed 'huge' shed either, but sure enough I did start losing my hair regardless. One point of advice, stop counting them - makes life a lot easier!

GOod luck mate, catching it earlier means you'll keep for decades longer.. we both hope anyway :D

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
upnorth said:
From what I have read online, and confirmed by Dermatologist, male pattern baldness is generally inherited from your Mothers side.

So most likely you have more in common with any male members from your mothers side of the family.

ABC News begs to differ...
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/H ... ology.html

I'm pretty sure I've seen it on this site as well...