Jay Tee's story

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been nearly 8 years since my hair loss began. I'm 28 now, and first started noticing thinning in my crown when I was in my early 20's. At first, it wasn't that big of a deal since the rest of my hair was thick and I wore it combed back. No one really knew about it then. Then my hairline started receding around the temples and I developed a widow's peak. This didn't bother me either, since my dad has a widow's peak and a full head of hair. So I figured that I would look like him, which was fine. But it's progressively gotten worse over the years. I've tried minoxodil, finasteride, minoxodil plus retin-A, harmonix laser therapy, and nothing has seemed to help me regrow hair. I guess finasteride has helped slow down the loss, but no significant regrowth. No one has ever noticed any difference in my hair, other than I keep losing it. Last October, I had a hair transplant of 1,800 grafts, and I was told to expect results by the 4th month. Well, it's been 4 months and I don't see any change whatsoever. I had my follow-up with the doctor and he acted really phoney when I saw him. He tried to act like the results were already showing, and I don't see any change (neither does anyone who knows me). When I had the laser therapy done, it was the same thing. The lady who looked at my photos told me that I "should be turning cartwheels" over the results. But after a year of laser therapy, the photos clearly showed that I had lost more hair after the treatments. They had nothing to say about it then. At least they allowed me to transfer the money I had wasted on laser therapy towards a hair transplant. I thought for sure a transplant would be guaranteed regrowth. Maybe I'm being impatient, but I'm already having my doubts. If this hair transplant doesn't render visible regrowth after 1 year, I'm giving up altogether on battling hair loss. I just can't keep hoping that something will work when all the "proven" treatments I've tried have done nothing for me. I'll just shave my head and have a visible scar on the back of my head and pray that one day, something will come along that can actually help. So far, I feel that nothing has.