I’ve been on dutesteride and oral minoxidil for two years now and I’ve only lost ground… 25m What should I do?

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was hoping being on the strongest hairloss combo will cure and regrow or stop my hairloss. But I’ve only been losing ground. Losing more hair. Plus my scalp is so so itchy. I tried nixorak and it’s still itchy and making hair really dry. I don’t know what to do now. I’m on 0.5ng dutesteride and 2.5mg oral minoxidil. Also since starting minoxidil I’ve had no regrowth but more body hair and accelerated hairloss. So what now? I thought dht was my issue and my medication will fix that but I’m still getting worst. I think I might have a receptor problem or sensitive to it. I know I’ve lost ground. I’ve noticed it. Family and friends have noticed so what can I do? Any ideas are really appreciated.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same story for me. dutasteride oral min. Hair destroyed. I quit it all do the same. Hair is better now.

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same story for me. dutasteride oral min. Hair destroyed. I quit it all do the same. Hair is better now.
Is it possible you caused you receptors to get sensitive because lack of hormones then after you quit the anti dht med like dutasteride you receptors went back to normal so you stopped balding as fast?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible you caused you receptors to get sensitive because lack of hormones then after you quit the anti dht med like dutasteride you receptors went back to normal so you stopped balding as fast?
Thats my theory. Im better off not using anything.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s my experience… I can speculate to as why.. I think the mitigate DHT or minoxidil protocol only does so much, often next to nothing..
Therefore we have to try something else.
Right now I am testing Spirolactone.
It is definitely mitigating any adult acne, thus cutting skin sebum.
Started at 50 mg went to 150 mg..easily tolerated. Now trying 200 mg..
It’s a bit strong.. but tolerated..
think hair is thickening but only 2nd day