I've been accidentally taking 2.5 MG's per day....what now?

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I tell my doctor I want 0.25mgs per day...just now I look down at the bottle closely after 4.5 weeks. Well....I'm on 2.5 ED MG's not 0.25mg....

My eye sight is not the best and I assumed he would know 1mg is for race horses.... BUT 2.5mgs every day......

In terms of dysfunction:

I had insomnia and a weird anxiety in the last few days (4.5 weeks in)

My libido is same except for occasional spike... less morning erection but at 44 years old but tonight I ejaculated watery semen but force and volume was highest it's ever been in my whole life . I also double ejaculated which has never happened and plain weird: I ejaculated and orgasmed but still felt I needed to and it happened second time within 30 seconds...

....and it's like my orgasm and my ejaculation are not occuring at same time....not painful... pleasurable i suppose .but stressful.too. but I'm a worrier...

I never intended on exceeding 3mg per week MAX... this has been 17.5mgs per week... obviously I need to stop in total but for how long?

Has my testosterone increased due less conversion to DHT? I'm 44 and I've had some insane libido increases in the last few weeks...it's felt different urinating too....maybe urinating more?? I know some of you on here are scientists...please advise...

Thank you all... please note I was TERRIFIED of finasteride... I waited and waited and finally decided on small dose...it's not too bad but it's been odd..

Attachments

• 20220118_231551.jpg
    20220118_231551.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220118_231523.jpg
    20220118_231523.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 99

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol! Nothing is going to happen. You can see plenty of people having success with 0.25mg finasteride, and that is 1/4 of the recommended dose. You only took an extra pill and half of the recommended dose for hair loss, which is nothing. You can check out inhibition curve on some graphs, difference between 1mg and 2.5mg is really small.
Call your pharmacist and tell him to give you a lower dose of tablets or cut 5 mg into quarters (many people do).

You might be having some sides, but since I see you going in full panic mode you might start blaming finasteride for your broken fridge.

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol! Nothing is going to happen. You can see plenty of people having success with 0.25mg finasteride, and that is 1/4 of the recommended dose. You only took an extra pill and half of the recommended dose for hair loss, which is nothing. You can check out inhibition curve on some graphs, difference between 1mg and 2.5mg is really small.
Call your pharmacist and tell him to give you a lower dose of tablets or cut 5 mg into quarters (many people do).

You might be having some sides, but since I see you going in full panic mode you might start blaming finasteride for your broken fridge.
Haha! Thank you man. My fridge was starting to act up too!!

2.5 is 10x the amount I asked for!

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never intended on exceeding 3mg per week MAX... this has been 17.5mgs per week...
Pretty Amusing to read, I take it not so amusing for yourself.......

Like the other guy said, I would just spit it into quarters and take it everyday, but if you want less than that just take it in whatever frequency you feel like until you get round to picking up a replacement batch.
(A temporary solution of a quarter of a pill 3x a week would put you almost back down to your 3mg a week Max dose anyway)

For reference generally if its blue its more likely to be 5mg, and pink if its 1mg (although both also come in plain white)

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are intending to go all the way back back down to a lower dose like 0.25mgs a day, You may as well finish the rest of what you have left (by quartering it) to taper down gradually over the forthcoming weeks (or month), rather than just jumping straight from 2.5mg to something a lot lower than 1mg

Last edited:

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are intending to go all the way back back down to a lower dose like 0.25mgs a day, You may as well finish the rest of what you have left (by quartering it) to taper down gradually over the forthcoming weeks (or month), rather than just jumping straight from 2.5mg to something a lot lower than 1mg
Thank you! It's actually amusing because I got the placebo I needed. I would have attributed everything wrong with me to finasteride BUT at 0.25 it was so minimal! Knowing it is 2.5 makes me confident so it was a really cool experiment I never would have gotten otherwise!!