"It's official, I'm retarded..." A lesson in sticking to the program.

Sharpe

Reaction score
Gents,

I just wanted to get this out there so you can learn from my mistake.

I've been on/off Rogaine 5% Foam for the last 5 years. I was never religious about applying it and only saw moderate results until about 9 months ago when I decided to stop ****ing around and do it right, i.e. two times a day, EVERY day. In order to make it less of a pain in the *** I would always apply it when my hair was damp after washing it, that way it wouldn't look so gummed up after I dried/combed it. Needless to say, after about six months and a number of small shedding episodes, it worked. My hairline improved dramatically and my hair was thicker than it had been in years. I'm not saying it was good enough to use gel in but it was good enough so that you couldn't tell I was losing my hair. I was on top of the world and proceeded to slay pussy like I used to and enjoy life to the fullest. Unfortunately my overconfidence/laziness got the best of me. I hated the idea of being beholden to Rogaine for the rest of my left, found excuses to not take Rogaine, and somehow managed to convince myself that my hair loss was stress related, etc. Because of this retarded mentality, I stopped using the stuff for the last 3 months and I have paid dearly for it in that my hairline looks like hell and my hair is much much thinner than it was 3 months ago. The lesson here is two fold:

1) Rogaine works. Do it right and stick to it.
2) When you get results, remember how you got there. Don't fool yourself like I did.

I'm back on the Rogaine again and I hope to get back to where I was now that I'm sold on the stuff. With that said, I just hope at least one of you can learn from my mistake.

All the best!

Sharpe

Sharpe

Reaction score
Can you tell us whether you shed the first time you took minoxidil ? how long to see results ? how Long did peach fuzz turn into terminal hair ?

I definitely shed when I first started taking Minoxidil. Nothing too crazy but enough to notice.

I saw results after about 3-4 months.

I didn't really notice real results until about 6 months when peach fuzz became hair.

I wish I had pics but I didn't want to get too caught up in my own hair loss so I never documented my progress lest I get obsessed.

I hope this answers your questions.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lesson learned there, I guess. Well, at least I can say that this worked as inspiration for me. Or should I say, it worked as inspiration for me in that I will stick to my regimen, not taking any potential future results for granted. (Though my regimen is less arduous, currently not consisting of Rogaine, just pills, so it's over with fast, so I have no excuse to laze around. Might bring in the Rogaine after 9-12 months depending on my results!)

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
This is very inspiring. I've been on Rogaine for the past 2 months and haven't seen any real results yet. My hair has grown and I'm proud to say that my forehead, temple, and crown recession doesn't look so noticeable. With my hair long, I'm actually pulling off an NW1. However, I'm only able to do this because I've made bangs out of my hairs that are an inch from my forehead hairline so I'm really an NW2.5. Basically, I'm doing a comb over. I'm grateful that I can this off but I don't know how long I can.

Anyways, I have a question for you guys. How do you all apply the Rogaine? I'm using the foam and all I'm doing is applying it to my temples and crown and just rubbing it in a little. Is that right? Also, when is the best time to use Rogaine?