It's been close to 2 years since I quit Propecia

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took Propecia for 6 months time back in early 2005. After about the 6th month mark, the nipples began to become sore and enlarged. I immediately reconsidered taking propecia and quit.

While i was on propecia I had the common sides:

1) Bloated nipples
2) Low libido
3) weight Gain (chest and stomach/back)

2 Years later, the nipples still look bloated and along with a continuing low libido that is just regressing. Right after I dropped propecia I immediately snapped back to my prior Libido standings... This laster for about a month and I began to wined down. Today my libido is at an all time low. Erections literally stop in the middle of sex, and getting erections can be a chore.

So what do I have to show for the 6 months of propecia use? Possibly a never ending agony towards my libido and "puffy" nipples. :(

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^u sure ur not expecting urself to go floppy during sex or are anxious?

its all in the head with sex, thats my belief, unless u have an issue with blood rushing to the penis etc.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ANDREW_J_I said:
^u sure ur not expecting urself to go floppy during sex or are anxious?

its all in the head with sex, thats my belief, unless u have an issue with blood rushing to the penis etc.

It could be something like that. I can get an erection but I can't maintain it... I was reading online about erectile dysfunction and lack of sleep and stress are factors involved. I haven't really been sleeping much as i'd like and finals are right here...

On top of that, I've been keeping track of my libido and the days i skip spironolactone and revivgen are better days... FAR better. I know it's said to have no sides at all, but seriously I notice a large difference.... Maybe it's time to switch up my regime.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't think this would be a result from u taking finasteride, since it should all be out of your body by now and it's not a drug that seems to leave permament sides when u go off of it.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
i don't think this would be a result from u taking finasteride, since it should all be out of your body by now and it's not a drug that seems to leave permament sides when u go off of it.
Not true, there's been plenty of guys who can't seem to function the same after it. I know for months after it i had that "nut ache"

Maybe it's worth talking to a doctor about

Floyd

Reaction score
Are you taking anything for your nipps? I too have bloated nipps and it's driving me crazyjavascript:emoticon(':freaked2:')

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Floyd said:
Are you taking anything for your nipps? I too have bloated nipps and it's driving me crazyjavascript:emoticon(':freaked2:')
No I am not. I haven't come across anything that would reverse it. However, they're not that bad so i'm not too worried about it.

Some updates on my sides.. So apparently I have been taking protein powder and this supplement powder called NOxplode. According to the back of the bottles I was taking nearly 3grams of L-Arginine per day. I had actually quit taking the NOxplode before the "all time low" occurred.

Today the erections seem really fine and i haven't gone 'floppy" during sex since then. For all you weightlifters out there, be careful what supplements you are taking as your body will adjust to the increased intake of L-arginine and erections maybe harder to achieve.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
I took Propecia for 6 months time back in early 2005. After about the 6th month mark, the nipples began to become sore and enlarged. I immediately reconsidered taking propecia and quit.

While i was on propecia I had the common sides:

1) Bloated nipples
2) Low libido
3) weight Gain (chest and stomach/back)

2 Years later, the nipples still look bloated and along with a continuing low libido that is just regressing. Right after I dropped propecia I immediately snapped back to my prior Libido standings... This laster for about a month and I began to wined down. Today my libido is at an all time low. Erections literally stop in the middle of sex, and getting erections can be a chore.

So what do I have to show for the 6 months of propecia use? Possibly never ending agony towards my libido and "puffy" nipples. :(

Don't shovel McDonalds down your throat and blame your weightgain on propecia.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Floyd said:
No I am not. I haven't come across anything that would reverse it. However, they're not that bad so i'm not too worried about it.

Some updates on my sides.. So apparently I have been taking protein powder and this supplement powder called NOxplode. According to the back of the bottles I was taking nearly 3grams of L-Arginine per day. I had actually quit taking the NOxplode before the "all time low" occurred.

Today the erections seem really fine and i haven't gone 'floppy" during sex since then. For all you weightlifters out there, be careful what supplements you are taking as your body will adjust to the increased intake of L-arginine and erections maybe harder to achieve.

Sure thing, I will quit eating protien becuase you just scientifically proved that protien powder leads to erection disorder. :roll:

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
erectile problems are most likely due to depression, anxiety, stress, also as mentioned if you are in fear of weak erections are are constantly waiting for it to go soft on you, it most probably will.

for weak erections i recommend doing something that makes you feel good about yourself. stop masturbating entirely, and eat and excercise properly. take your multi vitamin, cardio at least 2-3 times a week whether it be a jog, game of catch with a friend...whatever just get excercise. unless you are getting old and impotent, you should bounce back.

puffy nipples, will go away with excercise.

weight will go away with excercise.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Floyd said:

i am also a weightlifter, and have experience with similar products. i have been on Energized Xpand 3 times, 2 months at a time, and have actually experienced low libido after finishing a 2 month cycle. only my first cycle, then i slowly got it back a month later. now i'm on and off Xpand every 4 months or so (whenever i crave that pump in my workouts i buy a jar) and my sex drive seems to stay pretty stable. but now that you bring it up, maybe my low libido was due to this supplement. it's the only time i have EVER had low libido since i was probably 13, and it only lasted a month or so right after stopping that product.