Italian study on spironolactone

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the results are pretty good considering most of the people on it showed greater levels of hair count and thickness than at base level. So the argument that people who shed on it never regain the shed hair goes out the window. As for the pictures that are made available on the site, clearly shows some improvement i.e. one of them clearly has more hair on the top at the 12 month mark compared to before treatment and the second one clearly shows that the existing hair has thickened especially the temples. So the conclusion - spironolactone does a good job of what it is suppose to do, which is maintain hair and thicken and, when combined with a growth stimulunt i.e. minoxidl, the hair count will also be much greater.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to this study?

That's cool that most people achieve greater hair counts and weight. I believe propecia achieved an increase in 66%, correct? Do you know how spironolactone compared to this?

viperfish

Reaction score
You think those pictures are good????Man they are not showing me much at all. Especially not when you compare them to the Fluridil and Propecia pics.

viperfish

Reaction score
The pictures are not the best I have seen others, but I think those are pretty much the best available.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Notice the lower part of the temples in figure 4. There is definately more hair ( where there was none before) there and significantly darker compared to base level pic. Also the the balding area in his left (or the right one for us looking at the photo) has gotten smaller.