It works!! Kirkland 5% foam after 10 weeks (with pics)

Deviation

Reaction score
Hi
I'm really happy with my hair regrowth after 10 weeks of using Kirkland 5% minoxidil foam. I want to give some hope for anyone considering this really easy and inexpensive method (compared to Rogaine brand or using other treatments). It's working for me.

Some background: I'm 29 years old and started noticing some slow hair thinning/loss at the front around a year ago. It was getting me hell down so after reading up on the internet about minoxidil, I thought I'd try the foam using the cheaper brand, Kirkland. I've not used any other treatment, just the foam.

How I've used it: Twice per day, like the instructions say. Once after my shower in the morning and again in the evening. Just half a capful, massaged in my scalp, takes around 10 seconds to do. Dries in about 10 mins. So freaking easy. I've forgotten to apply here and there but no big deal, just kept on with the usual routine the next time.

Progress took ages. At first, there was no difference for around 4-6 weeks. I couldn't tell if there was any hair regrowth but I'd read to be patient so kept on with the routine. Trust me, I'm not a patient person but wow being patient has paid off. I took a crappy pic straight after my very first application.

To try and get a decent comparison i've been taking photos after applying and in the same position outside, at around the same time of day too. So here are pics of day 1 and then again 10 weeks later.

I'm going to keep on with the routine as I'm really happy so far. Any questions and I am happy to answer based on my experience :) Give it a shot, be mega patient and you never know it might work for you too.

ALSO i have no connection to Kirkland or any advertising bs, i'm just a dude wanting his hair back. There ya go. Good luck. I'll report back in a few months with more pics.

Attachments

• pic20131212092723.jpg
    pic20131212092723.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 44,096

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, looking very good!

Did you notice any increase in shedding in the first weeks?
Do you apply it only to the balding spots?

Keep us posted with updates!

Deviation

Reaction score
Hey, looking very good!

Did you notice any increase in shedding in the first weeks?
Do you apply it only to the balding spots?

Keep us posted with updates!

Hey

Yes, I noticed some very light shedding a few weeks in that lasted around two weeks.

Also yes, I only apply to the top front of my head. I haven't been meticulous, but I just make sure every time I apply that the foam covers my scalp in the general balding area.

I will certainly post updates!

Last edited:

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow very impressive growth! keep it up!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Without finasteride, you won't see as much success in the long term, though your short term results are very impressive. It is important for regrowth, and crucial for maintenance. Ignore the scaremongering, if you get side effects then quit, but at least try it.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Happy to hear another successful report. Your conservative approach is paying off! If you decide to introduce finasteride down the road I know of a few guys who claim they are achieving results by taking only .25mgs. I think with your already dramatic gains only on minoxidil. you just might experience benefits as well on a lower doser of finasteride. or you can leave it alone altogether for now. No secret, paradoxically, that all we seem to share the same unique responses. Keep doing what you are doing and best wishes.

Slimzee

Reaction score
New on the forum so looking for some help - Deviation photo looks great congrats leads me to my question minoxidil - Has anyone heard, used or direct me to a thread on the following - mix of minoxidil 8% with 0.004% mpg, 0.004% oesterodiol valerate, 0.004% cyprotone acetate ... its a liquid applied topically it was presented as the best 'topical formula that was very popular' however going through the forums and Google I didn't see anyone talking about it or selling (prescription) ? I Understand that minoxidil is certainly regarded as successful for topical regrowth which this thread shows and that the AA in this formula are said to slow the DHT in to the hair meaning they should not fall (?) ... However I am uncertain of it as cant find any info.... HELP PEEPS

belfort

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I'm really happy with my hair regrowth after 10 weeks of using Kirkland 5% minoxidil foam. I want to give some hope for anyone considering this really easy and inexpensive method (compared to Rogaine brand or using other treatments). It's working for me.

Some background: I'm 29 years old and started noticing some slow hair thinning/loss at the front around a year ago. It was getting me hell down so after reading up on the internet about minoxidil, I thought I'd try the foam using the cheaper brand, Kirkland. I've not used any other treatment, just the foam.

How I've used it: Twice per day, like the instructions say. Once after my shower in the morning and again in the evening. Just half a capful, massaged in my scalp, takes around 10 seconds to do. Dries in about 10 mins. So freaking easy. I've forgotten to apply here and there but no big deal, just kept on with the usual routine the next time.

Progress took ages. At first, there was no difference for around 4-6 weeks. I couldn't tell if there was any hair regrowth but I'd read to be patient so kept on with the routine. Trust me, I'm not a patient person but wow being patient has paid off. I took a crappy pic straight after my very first application.

To try and get a decent comparison i've been taking photos after applying and in the same position outside, at around the same time of day too. So here are pics of day 1 and then again 10 weeks later.

I'm going to keep on with the routine as I'm really happy so far. Any questions and I am happy to answer based on my experience :) Give it a shot, be mega patient and you never know it might work for you too.

ALSO i have no connection to Kirkland or any advertising bs, i'm just a dude wanting his hair back. There ya go. Good luck. I'll report back in a few months with more pics.
after reading your story I did exactly the same as you. I start using kirkland minoxidil 5%

belfort

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months on kirkland minoxidil. The older photo is on the right!

Attachments

• IMG-20171024-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20171024-WA0004.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 5,028