Istanbul, Turkey Hair Academy, 5000 grafts, October 2021

TonyMony

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I had a layover between planes in Istanbul. Well, I immediately decided to discover the country and to do a hair transplantation. If not this layover and the lack of direct flights between some countries, then for another 10 years, I probably would have thought about it. Thank you covid))

I googled, looked through, ended up with the Turkey Hair Academy, which is based in the Kolan Hospital.

Photos before approval:
IMG_4474.thumb.jpeg.b413f54484ca15ebced364d3684c19bb.jpeg

IMG_4473.jpeg.1943879efd5ba6c32e5da203290d504f.jpeg

The operation is done in two stages: extracting and transplanting grafts. Each for several hours.

The anesthetic injections were really painful. There are about 10-20 of them before each stage. Another painful part is something like opening channels. This is the part that the doctor is doing only. himself does directly. On the first day after the operation, of course, it was not very comfortable to sleep with bandages.
Next day was better:

IMG_1749.thumb.jpeg.7f90e5bbaab303c4a8e1d913473ea6dd.jpeg

10 days and two months;
IMG_1858.thumb.jpeg.827d769dcac98b419a463e7bafb60d41.jpeg

photo_2021-12-08_18-48-25.jpg.44305721a8137c1b489d00143651141b.jpg

And for the conclusion, I write briefly what I liked and did not like.

Did not like

- Turkey and Istanbul. Terribly disliked. I thought that right now, as a seasoned traveler with dozens of years of experience abroad, I would deal with everything myself, stay to live for a while ... But everything went wrong. As a result, I spent two weeks in Istanbul. I managed to call a taxi through applications only once in the first five days. Didn't even try anymore. I could not buy a SIM card - they deceive everywhere, even in the official booths of operators. I tried to book hotels myself (already after the operation), but in the end they cheated even with the booking paid through Agoda. The city is buried in traffic jams, everything is parked, everyone is angry.

So, all these hotels, transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the hospital - this is not a luxury, but, as it turned out, just a necessity. The hotel, by the way, was a cool one: a local Sheraton for two days.

- Prices in Turkey. Very expensive. I thought it would be something like in Thailand, but it turned out like in Montenegro at the peak of the season. For example, I couldn't find a hotel cheaper than $50/night closer to the hospital.

- They don't speak English. No doctor, no nurses, and especially drivers. But here the manager from the clinic leads you by the hand and communicates with everyone, everything is translated into Turkish. So basically everything is ok.

Attached photo 4 months=)

Liked

- My manager Nazym, who, in her own way, helps to organize everything from the initial contact in the Telegram to the last transfer to the airport. She's awesome, overall! Give her greetings and all love.

- Kolan hospital and medicine in Turkey. The Turkey Hair Academy clinic itself is based in this hospital on one of the floors. Good hospital. Then I still had gastritis with them I did a gastroscopy, went to see a gastroenterologist. I still passed through the injections of the sagging vitamin. I also went to the therapist for an examination, did a PCR test before the flight, etc. Also, by the way, everything is done through a personal manager-translator, and everything is also with transfers / hotels. In general, this gives me confidence that everything is fine in the affiliated hair transplant clinic too.

- Tests for venereal sores that need to be done before the operation, they did it themselves))

Finally

For five years I have been twirling the idea in my head that someday there in the future it will be necessary to do a hair transplant. It was all very hazy. And in the end, everything is decided in a week in a telegram. I chose a clinic, wrote to the manager, sent a photo of a bald head, bought tickets ... and, that's it. The operation itself is done at a time, and it would be nice to come to wash your hair the next morning. A total of two days. In general, I recommend. I also recommend trusting the clinic in terms of transfers and hotels, and distance yourself from the local service, which is difficult to interact with without intermediaries.

Photo four months =)

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.601a4d80a9dd83a1fc36694a4d9cd1fb.jpeg