Is Tretinoin and adapalene the same?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted previously, asking about differences between Tretinoin and Adapalene. I went ahead with experimenting mixing Minoxidil with Adapalene ( differin Gel ). I don't know if it's psychosomatic , but I'm finally seeing promising results on my hairline. I have been consuming Minoxidil orally so not sure if it attributed to one or the other. The traction alopecia area is filling in a lot , while my overall frontal scalp is thickening up well too. After years of frustration and experimentation , I'm actually hopeful and excited. Maintaining my hair metal band looks is tough at 54 years old. I guess getting older sucks in general.
It's most likely the derma-rolling healing the traction loss. It heals scar tissue and that's probably similar so it has to increase stem cell delivery and then that might be healing it. Microneedling is magic she says....

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you may be right. I have been trying to fight that one little spot for a few years now. So happy it's filling in. Yes microneedling is a powerful tool in treating hairloss.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you may be right. I have been trying to fight that one little spot for a few years now. So happy it's filling in. Yes microneedling is a powerful tool in treating hairloss.
Beauty, hair, scar tissue. Now trying to do my sun-exposed arms and hands. I was always covered so I am ivory but not my arms she says....

Janey

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they are both retinoids, just adapalene has been studied primarily for acne treatment, whereas there's numerous studies using tret for other things like wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc. adapalene is also less irritating.

Tret is the one that's been studied in conjunction with minoxidil. So i'm not sure what effect adapalene has on sulfotransferase (the enzyme that increases minoxidil efficacy)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
they are both retinoids, just adapalene has been studied primarily for acne treatment, whereas there's numerous studies using tret for other things like wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc. adapalene is also less irritating.

Tret is the one that's been studied in conjunction with minoxidil. So i'm not sure what effect adapalene has on sulfotransferase (the enzyme that increases minoxidil efficacy)
That's exactly what I was going to say, Cool
janey

StacySixx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have microneedling under my eyes to decrease the lines and dark circles. I follow up with Hyloronic Acid, cologen, retinol ( 3 in one ) it's doing wonders . Wonder if that would help you?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have microneedling under my eyes to decrease the lines and dark circles. I follow up with Hyloronic Acid, cologen, retinol ( 3 in one ) it's doing wonders . Wonder if that would help you?
Yes. I do that but it's hard to roll there cause stuffs in the way like our nose. Those all sound like women's special secrets that guys don't know about and are clueless. Makeup can make the man too and just a little eyeliner can create dashing eye effects, male or female or gyny, which rhymes with hiney which is a mix of a donkey with horse as the sire so nobody be part donkey says she....

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Protip if you're trying to mix a retinoid like retin-a with some min: Put a pea size dab of tret and min in a shallow bottle, then take the min eyedropper and squeeze it repeatedly in the solution. It will mix it all up really fast