Is This Success? Hard To Tell, Please Advise.

Midwest

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are small dark hairs growing in my frontal area. I can't tell if these are new hairs sprouting or heavily miniaturized hairs that are old and I'm just now seeing them.

I buzzed my hair with a 1/2-guard (1/16" of an inch) about 6 weeks ago.

I have been on min/keto off and on for years. Added finasteride/biotin/sfs one month ago.

Attachments

• 20160916_180745.jpg
    20160916_180745.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 538

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
...and this is why you take before and after pics ;)
It is very early to evaluate your treatment. New hair comes in the form of a "vellus" and cycle by cycle it becomes fully fledged. The little hair stems you see might very well be new.

Midwest

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is very early to evaluate your treatment. New hair comes in the form of a "vellus" and cycle by cycle it becomes fully fledged. The little hair stems you see might very well be new.

Well, I got a new phone and the camera is able to pick up these very fine hairs. They're invisible to my naked eye in most lighting conditions.

To be honest, it doesn't matter, I'm just glad the follicles are alive and doing something. I supposed I'm mostly looking for encouragement. Depending on the angle and lighting I can also see vellus hairs.

I'm hoping the recent additions to my regimen restores these follicles.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

cycle by cycle do yo mean the vellus hairs come in, fall out, come in little thicker, fall out, then come in even thicker?