Is this Retrograde alopecia? Had these for quite a while

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I couldn't help but notice these small spots. Is this a clear sign of retrograde alopecia?
And if so, how f*'ed am I?

Attachments

• retro check.jpg
    retro check.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 86
  • retro check 2.jpg
    retro check 2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 82
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 89

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better angle from the side + one from the back.

Does anyone know a good clinic / hairloss doctor I can book for an online consulation?

Attachments

• 20220613_184524.jpg
    20220613_184524.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220613_184729.jpg
    20220613_184729.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 83

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like RA yeah

sadly RA doesn't react to anti androgens or typical treatments, but sometimes it's not even related to Androgenetic Alopecia, I know people with full heads of hairs that have RA and 0 balding elsewhere

if this pattern is *only* on the sides its RA, but if you have it literally everywhere on the scalp, it should be DUPA. RA doesn't really progress into full baldness or anywhere else.. its like a natural fade lol. Problem is it reduces your donor in case of transplant.

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like RA yeah

sadly RA doesn't react to anti androgens or typical treatments, but sometimes it's not even related to Androgenetic Alopecia, I know people with full heads of hairs that have RA and 0 balding elsewhere

if this pattern is *only* on the sides its RA, but if you have it literally everywhere on the scalp, it should be DUPA. RA doesn't really progress into full baldness or anywhere else.. its like a natural fade lol. Problem is it reduces your donor in case of transplant.
Thanks for the reply.

True, I looked around a bit and having RA is a shot in the dark frankly. Not a lot of studies / reseach so I'll gonna have to find it out myself.

Current plan is to increase my finasteride dosage in the hopes that it halts any further retro progression.

Will be doing online consultations with hairloss doctors to find out if I have retro or DUPA and what my options are.