Is this a common issue with new units?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have gotten a second French lace system which claims to have 100% density (more like 60%) and pluggy knots. I never had this problem before. Fortunately, the salon I go to will let me return it, but I’m convinced they are getting S$&t units. Anybody else noticing a decrease in quality?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You DO understand that there are many hundreds of factories making hair systems, and your getting one crap system out of probably the many hundreds of thousands being made a month has 0 to do with and possible trend.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You DO understand that there are many hundreds of factories making hair systems, and your getting one crap system out of probably the many hundreds of thousands being made a month has 0 to do with and possible trend.
This is my second crap unit out of 3. Learn how read lol.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Learn how to write. You didn't specify a specific vendor. You made a generalization.
Or you can ask for more specifics lol. Anyhow, I have noticed a decrease in the quality of units at my salon. I just wanted to know if others had noticed similar issues.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I havent noticed it from my supplier.

I noticed a general drop in quality back in 2020 coming out of Covid. This was due mostly to the relocation of production back to the Chinese mainland after North Korea closed borders. The Chinese then hastily hired staff; however that was over 2 years ago and staff seem more skilled these days.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since December, China seems to have been locked down especially where these things are produced then they had their maximum time off with their New Year - that alone will be 2-weeks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no lockdown, and production is back to pre-Covid levels, with North Korean coming back online. They now have more capacity than before since they have additional Chinese workers.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no lockdown, and production is back to pre-Covid levels, with North Korean coming back online. They now have more capacity than before since they have additional Chinese workers.
Yeah, I spoke to the Salon owner. He said that he thinks some of the older, poorly constructed inventory is still circulating his warehouse. He was very cool about the return (like he was the first time I had an issue). He let me check out a bunch of his newer medium density French lace units. They felt much more in line with what I used to get. Even the knots didn’t look pluggy. So, it all worked out well. Sorry if I didn’t articulate my initial post better. I was pretty sick when I made it.