Is there any point in adding finasteride?

Sean68

Reaction score
i know this has probably been covered before but im about to reorder my
avodart and im considering buying some proscar as well. im currently
on dutasteride mwf and the plan would be to take finasteride every day as well. ive been
encouraged by wow's results but hes takes both every day. would my
current dutasteride dosage make the finasteride redundant or could this be a good idea?
any ideas welcome.

Thin Jim

Reaction score
i take dutasteride and 1/3 proscar daily just to be on the safe side, as Im paranoid about taking fake drugs. Cassins right though there is no need to do this but Id rather be safe than sorry. As long as im getting no serious side effects the extra cost factor does not bother me.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I went from 1mg finasteride daily to dutasteride 2x weekly and finasteride 2x weekly - and lost some hair in the process. (To be honest - during this same time frame I also went from nizoral 2% to nizoral 1% and dropped Apple Polys and Emu. Didn't actually mean to drop those 2 items from my regimen - but I ran out and just never re-ordered.)

So, back on nizoral 2 during my off-revita days, emu oil every night before bed, and cranked up my dutasteride / finasteride to dutasteride MWS andd finasteride the other 4 days.

Trying to make up lost ground.

(Still haven't managed to the-order the apple polys - don't know if I'm gonna).

Sean68

Reaction score
ive been on applepoly about three weeks now. i dont know if youve used
the spray but its a bit like spectral dnc - gives you that artificial thickening
effect but its much stickier and stains your head red - definitely a night
time thing. i actually managed to spill most of the bottle over the sink
last night which was a bit of an expensive error.

i know its a bit soon to be really expecting anything significant but i thought that as the capsules are supposed to be 'the most powerful antioxidant known to man' or whatever they say that id feel something but i dont at all.got a real shitty bit of man flu st the moment actually.

G

only reason to do it would be if you think the dutasteride is fake. if you're buying your proscar online as well, kinda pointless.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
ive been on applepoly about three weeks now. i dont know if youve used
the spray but its a bit like spectral dnc - gives you that artificial thickening
effect but its much stickier and stains your head red - definitely a night
time thing. i actually managed to spill most of the bottle over the sink
last night which was a bit of an expensive error.

i know its a bit soon to be really expecting anything significant but i thought that as the capsules are supposed to be 'the most powerful antioxidant known to man' or whatever they say that id feel something but i dont at all.got a real shitty bit of man flu st the moment actually.

Never used the spray - but always wondered how to make my own topical from the caps (mix some up w/ emu oil maybe?). I just re-ordered some caps from Swansons - so at the very least I'll be popping them orally again.

Bummer about that expensive spill. I hate when that happens. I'm sure it's happened to all of from time to time. (I dumped my first bottle of 2% rogaine like that - back in the day when the stuff was primo expensive and hard to find).