Is there a scalp topical applicator helmet?

xapato

Reaction score
Imagine a helmet with hundreds of little spikes inside that sit on the scalp and secrete a tiny drop of topical formula. A person could dry and style hair first, then place the spiky helmet onto the head and press a button to secrete one dose. Does anything like that exist? I've heard of dropper based applicators, but what I'm talking about are hundreds of spikes that secrete such tiny drops of liquid that it doesn't run too much and so doesn't get into the actual hair as much.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
YYRs6tD.jpg

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
you have 2 options, either you stab some holes in the theradome and then pour the topical formula over you, it's still more use than the theradome's actual purpose. or you can buy a sieve and strap it to your head, probably the better option.

alternatively you could just use a dropper like every other sane person. also how can you style your hair before putting this would be death trap spike helmet on? think you've been watching a bit too much saw mate.

xapato

Reaction score
Let me put it another way. Imagine a dropper with a 10 x 10 grid of tiny tubes. Place it so that the ends of the tiny tubes are resting on your scalp, press a button, and it secretes 100 super tiny droplets over 8 cm^2 or so. Repeat as many times as necessary to cover the desired area. If you used a high concentration topical, you might use very little liquid and almost completely prevent it from running or getting into your hair.

I'm just thinking... there has to be a better way than just a dropper. It's as if no engineer ever tried to solve the problem of topical drug application on the scalp.

My idea is just... a smart dropper that excretes many smaller drops that spread onto the surface of the scalp faster and thus don't get into the hair as much or run as high up on the hairs.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Let me put it another way. Imagine a dropper with a 10 x 10 grid of tiny tubes. Place it so that the ends of the tiny tubes are resting on your scalp, press a button, and it secretes 100 super tiny droplets over 8 cm^2 or so. Repeat as many times as necessary to cover the desired area. If you used a high concentration topical, you might use very little liquid and almost completely prevent it from running or getting into your hair.

I'm just thinking... there has to be a better way than just a dropper. It's as if no engineer ever tried to solve the problem of topical drug application on the scalp.

My idea is just... a smart dropper that excretes many smaller drops that spread onto the surface of the scalp faster and thus don't get into the hair as much or run as high up on the hairs.

Ok go and invent it, develop it, pour funds into it, watch it fail and then come back here and say you'll make do with a dropper.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that some people use syringe to apply topical on the scalp. You just draw lines with the needle on your scalp while pressing the pump. I think it is the closest to what you described.