Is the laser comb and infra red light the same

Danielsen

Reaction score
I Just and infrared light stimulater. I wondered if anyone has any experience with infra red light and if its the same as the light in laser comb. I know some would regard infra red light as snake oil. But I think in combination with my other regimen it could be good.

Peter

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Lasercomb uses different lasers from an infrared light stimulater. You can research the "Build your own lasercomb" stuff that they have on the web-- They explain the special types of lasers used.

Although I haven't used it personally, I believe the lasercomb is a product that probably works to some extent. However, at a $600 price tag, I don't think I'll be purchasing one unless I breakdown.

Danielsen

Reaction score
Im not sure I understand your answer. I mean infrared light should be infrared light, no matter if its attached to a comb or not. My new infrared soft gel massager uses infra light to penetrate the skin. I dont see why thats not the same the laser comb does. One could argue that there are different waves of infraredlight but I mean who would claim that the laser comb has found the exact wavelength. My question is therefore again is should not the infrared light ind the massager do the same for the cells as the infra red light of the laser comb?

Peter

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Danielsen said:
Im not sure I understand your answer. I mean infrared light should be infrared light, no matter if its attached to a comb or not. My new infrared soft gel massager uses infra light to penetrate the skin. I dont see why thats not the same the laser comb does. One could argue that there are different waves of infraredlight but I mean who would claim that the laser comb has found the exact wavelength. My question is therefore again is should not the infrared light ind the massager do the same for the cells as the infra red light of the laser comb?

Peter

The laser comb uses cold light. Infrared heats the skin and underlying tissues. Overuse of any infrared equipment can burn. Warming the skin does not by itself stimulate regrowth. Probably a waste of time or possibly dangerous to the follicle.
Boru

Danielsen

Reaction score
Buro, you said
"Warming the skin does not by itself stimulate regrowth. Probably a waste of time or possibly dangerous to the follicle."

-Offcourse overdoing anything could be harmfull. My massager does not produce any heat that can be felt in the air. And hardly any when the massager itself is tounched. You may confuse the type of infra red light it uses with other kinds of infrared light. I mean I once owned an infra red lamp, wich produced a very hot light, this could indeed cause a burned skin, if used more than 15-20 min. However my new massager has no way of producing the same effect.

Do you have any proof of your claim that it could harm the follicle. I mean the net has plenty of claims of the opposite.

Example:
"Widely used in Europe, the hair loss treatment Luce LDS 100® uses low level light energy to heat and massage the scalp, while simultaneously expanding the pores. The invisible infrared light increases cellular metabolism, blood circulation and oxygen supply, making it an effective form of hair restoration."

Peter

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Danielsen said:
Buro, you said
"Warming the skin does not by itself stimulate regrowth. Probably a waste of time or possibly dangerous to the follicle."

-Offcourse overdoing anything could be harmfull. My massager does not produce any heat that can be felt in the air. And hardly any when the massager itself is tounched. You may confuse the type of infra red light it uses with other kinds of infrared light. I mean I once owned an infra red lamp, wich produced a very hot light, this could indeed cause a burned skin, if used more than 15-20 min. However my new massager has no way of producing the same effect.

Do you have any proof of your claim that it could harm the follicle. I mean the net has plenty of claims of the opposite.

Example:
"Widely used in Europe, the hair loss treatment Luce LDS 100® uses low level light energy to heat and massage the scalp, while simultaneously expanding the pores. The invisible infrared light increases cellular metabolism, blood circulation and oxygen supply, making it an effective form of hair restoration."

Peter

Infrared is either hot and works, or is not hot and doesn't. To my mind it is like trying to light a room with a 1 watt light bulb instead of a 100 watt one. Some devices incorporate a magnet. It all sounds attractive if the science is ignored, but there is no proof that it works, I don't feel compelled to prove a negative in the absence of any successful scientific trials or FDA approvals. My hair is regrowing without infrared, so I know I don't need it. To be fair, I tried lots of silly things before I hit on the magic formula. I posted my regimen today, take a look. Oxygen is important. I value your feedback. Keep positive.
Boru