is the hair loss rate increasing?

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, I had the same thoughts too. It seems like there is much more balding guys around now than, say 50 years ago. I don't know the reason but it's quite possible that soon enough to have a full head of hair for a male will be strange. And it hurts me so much because I always identifyed myself like a very hairy guy till recent times...

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
Islander said:
Man, I had the same thoughts too. It seems like there is much more balding guys around now than, say 50 years ago. I don't know the reason but it's quite possible that soon enough to have a full head of hair for a male will be strange. And it hurts me so much because I always identifyed myself like a very hairy guy till recent times...
wait a minute. you have a lot of body hair?

that greatly increases the chances of hair loss dude. like seriously, the same androgens that cause terminal hair growth in the areas like pubic, facial, arms, legs are the same thing that cause terminal hairs to turn into fine vellus hairs on your head.

funny isn't it? get more hairy and less hairy at the same time haha

Much body hair and head hair loss are not related.

triplethreat1

Reaction score
i think it is. i was watching a documentary on hitler today and it was showing alot of footage from the time...1940's... every guy had hair....i only seen one bald guy the whole program....out of of maybe 300 men that was in it...

T

TravisB

Yeah, I also noticed it when I was looking at some older photos from 50s - 70s. There weren't many bald/balding guys, especially the YOUNG ones. Nowadays it seems that much more men are balding young. It seems that humanity is going the bald way. Maybe in 200 years it will be actually strange to have hair :mrgreen: It will be so obvious that men are balding, like it's obvious that women get periods

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, balding young men are hard to come by when you go back 50+ years. Both of my grandfathers had thick hair with straight hairlines when they were my age and even older. I had a great grandfather that was bald though.